Robot Framework with Selenium - Web Automation
- 4 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- What is Robot Framework? How to setup Pycharm and development environment?
- Learn automate Web Application using Selenium library with Robot Framework
- How to write and maintain test cases and different concepts within Robot Framework
- How to build the Test Automation Framework using Robot, Python and Selenium libraries
- You need to have a decent spec laptop/desktop and internet connection
- Prior knowledge of UI Automation is useful but not required
- Basic understanding of test automation
- Have access to PC (Windows) and decent internet connection.
Robot Framework is a Python-based, extensible keyword-driven automation framework for acceptance testing, acceptance test driven development (ATDD), behavior driven development (BDD) and robotic process automation (RPA). It can be used in distributed, heterogeneous environments, where automation requires using different technologies and interfaces.
In this course, we'll start by learning what is Robot Framework, later we will see how to build a framework using Robot Framework which will take your test automation skills to next level. The topics you will be learning are
Setting up Pycharm as IDE to build the test cases using Robot Framework, Selenium Webdriver and Python
Variables & Arguments
Simple UI Example
List and Dictionary
If-Else, For Loop
Data Driven Test case
Suite Setup and Suite Tear down
Usage of resource file in the framework
Synchronization concepts for Web Automation
How to automate some common web Elements
Usage of Tags
Integration or CI using Jenkins
Containerizing Robot Framework ( For this you need to take Docker tutorials)
By the end of this course you will be confident enough to start building the framework from scratch or help to improve how we write the test cases using robot framework.
- Beginners to test automation, Manual test engineers, College students, Freshers, Interns
- Those who want to venture into test automation
- Those who are already working with other automation tools and switch to Robot Framework
- Any IT/Non IT professional who wants to build a career in Test Automation
In this session we will write the first test case using Web application. This is a simple UI example. we will build the script and execute and see how the script interacts with UI Components.
In this session we will continue with variables where we will see how to use List and Dictionary variables. Here we will see how to define and use the list and dictionary variable elements. Earlier session we have seen how to use Scalar variable.
In this session we will see how to use test template settings, which will make the robot test case data driven. A Simple login UI example which is a data driven test case. We will see Positive and Negative test cases with this data driven example.
In this session we will learn how to use synchronization techniques within robot framework. Synchronization is an important concept when we deal with Web Automation. Wait Until or keywords starting with Until , Set Selenium timeout and Set Selenium Speed are the three items which we will see and what their significance in terms of web ui synchronization.
In this video we will go through how to integrate robot tests with CI tool which is Jenkins and how to run them through Jenkins. This video works through step by step process of configuring Jenkins to run robot tests using Jenkins and collect the results of the tests on Jenkins server so that the results can be viewed within Jenkins url. We will see how to Trigger robot tests manually using Jenkins.