Test automation with Cypress (intermediate)
What you'll learn
- How to optimise Cypress GUI tests using API calls
- How to create tests that interact with the application via the operating system level
- Cross-browser testing with Cypress
- API testing
- Requirement: git, node (12.14.1), NPM (6.13.4), and Docker installed on your computer
- Requirement: a computer with at least 2 cores, and 8GB of RAM
- Recommended: Introductory course of test automation from the Talking About Testing school
- Recommended: Basic course of test automation with Cypress from the Talking About Testing school
If you came from our basic Cypress course (or not), take the next step on becoming an expert in test automation with Cypress and broaden your test automation skills.
Besides that, Cypress is friendly for developers and QA engineers, and it’s not based on Selenium!
This means that, with Cypress, it’s possible to interact with web applications in ways that were not possible before, and this is exactly what you will learn during this course.
In this course, you will learn how to optimize graphical user interface (GUI) tests by making API calls.
During the course, you will learn:
How to set up the application under test (AUT) using Docker
How to set up the test automation project with Cypress
How to create basic GUI (graphical user interface) tests with Cypress
How to create intermediate GUI tests with Cypress (2 pre-conditions)
API testing with Cypress
How to create tests in an optimized way using API calls
How to create tests that interact with the AUT via the operating system level
How to run all tests
Next steps in the journey to learn Cypress
As soon as you're done with the course, you will be able to put all the learnings into practice on your web projects (of your own or related to your work.)
These are the main benefits of enrolling in this course:
An easy project set up
Quick evolution from lesson-to-lesson
GUI and API tests
Automated tests independent of each other
Fast, automated tests
Robust automated tests for reliable test results.
Join us, and excel in your career!
Who this course is for:
- Software developers, QA engineers, and software testers with basic knowledge of test automation
I've been working with software development focused on software testing since 2004 and since 2009 explicitly working with test automation.
Want to know more about me? Visit my website.