TESOL and TPRS Course (For Language Teachers)
What you'll learn
- Grammar Translation Method
- Direct Method
- Audio Lingual Method
- Reading Approach
- Communicative Language Teaching
- Natural Approach
- Deductive Approach
- Inductive Approach
- Smart phone, Laptop, PC
Although uneducated parents can teach a languge to their children, how can educated teachers not teach a foreign language? In this course, you will learn how to teach a languge with a contemporary method but ancient.
In ancient times, people used to travel by horses or camels but then they invented cars and began to go everywhere with them. Today, we use planes. There is no doubt that cars are faster than horses, but planes are the fastest.
Especially for 2 centuries, researchers have been trying to find the best, the fastest and the most effective way to teach a foreign language. They did their best for their times, needs and purposes. However, the needs of learners and purposes of learning a new language has changed up to now, so do the approaches, methods and techniques to teach a languge.
As Sun Tzu said:
“There are not more than five primary colors (blue, yellow, red, white, and black), yet in combination they produce more hues than can ever been seen.”
“There are not more than five musical notes, yet the combinations of these five give rise to more melodies than can ever be heard."
I said "There are not more than 10 approaches to teach a foreign language, yet in combination of them you can find the best way that have never been seen."
As you can not always travel by a horse or by a plane today, you can not use one method or one approach to teach a new language. If you need a hobby, you can ride a horse, yet if you want to go 1000 km as fast as possible, you have to buy a plane ticket. In other words, you can sometimes use Grammar Translation Approach in your lesson as an activity, yet if you want your students to speak a language, you always have to use Natural Approach and TPRS for comprehensible input and repetition.
In this course, you are going to go to past and see which approaches and methods people used to teach a languge. Then you are going to come these days again and learn the best, fastest, the most effective and the most contemporary method to teach a languge.
Let's get it started.
Who this course is for:
- Language teachers
- English teachers
- Spanish teachers
- Chinese teachers
- German teachers
- Arabic teachers
- Mandarin teachers
• 2012 yılında Çanakkale 18 Mart Üniversitesi İngilizce Öğretmenliği bölümünden mezun oldum.
• 2014 yılında ABD'de gerçekleştirelen TPRS kursuna katıldım. Bu kursta, Hikaye Anlatımı Yoluyla İspanyolca ve Çince derslerini aldıktan, söz konusu metod ileilgili eğitmen eğitimi seminerlerini tamamladım.
• Mezun olduğum günden beri aktif olarak hem İngilizce Öğretmenliği yapıyorum, hemde dil öğretimi ile ilgili seminer, kurs, workshop vb. eğitimleri takip ediyorum.
• Dr. Stephen Krashen'ın dediği gibi, bir yabancı dil sadece bir şekilde öğrenilir, anladığınızda...
• Kurslarımda dil öğrenememe adına tüm tabularınız yıkılacak, İngilizceyi öğrenebileceğinizi, hatta konuşabileceğinizi göreceksiniz.