Teradata SQL for Data Science and Data Analytics
What you'll learn
- Learn most commonly used SQL statements for data analytics
- Learn main SQL concepts (JOINs, Aggregation, Set Operations, DDL, etc.)
- Learn Teradata Studio and overview of Teradata's main applications
- Build a Real Life Database with Chess Data
- Become proficient with SQL Data Types (VARCHAR, DATE, TIMESTAMP, INT, etc.)
- Build different Database Objects like Volatile and Permanent Tables
- An average computer (Windows or Mac) with 8GB RAM or above.
Learn SQL using Teradata!
Teradata SQL has many additional extensions that make it feel a few years ahead of the industry. Combined with its speed, performance, and integration capabilities, Teradata is the number one rated Data Warehousing product in 2020 by Gartner. Most of the biggest companies in the world use Teradata, including all 17 top communication companies.
In this course you learn SQL using Teradata, which is an ANSI-compliant vendor of SQL is a future-focused way of learning SQL. The Teradata SQL skill set is easily transferable to other SQL platforms such as Amazon Redshift, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and others.
This course can help you if you relate with any of these descriptions:
1. Are you totally new to SQL?
Learning Teradata SQL is a great way to learn SQL, especially to distinguish you from the big pack of SQL developers. In my experience in interviewing many SQL candidates and in working with many interviewers, a candidate who knows Teradata SQL shines like a diamond!
A candidate who knows Teradata SQL, most likely has worked with huge datasets which is already a big plus! It indicates that the candidate has gone beyond the bare minimum SQL. So join this course to upgrade your resume, and stand above the crowd!
2. Do you have a background in other SQL platforms (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) and you need to learn Teradata SQL?
This is how I started to learn Teradata myself. Teradata is one of the best relational databases and data warehouses on the planet, but the lack of reliable instructions and tutorials on the internet may drive you crazy!
This course is the most complete course on Teradata SQL on the internet! It gives you an overview of the main products of Teradata in data warehousing. Then it focuses on the Teradata Database, the core of the data warehouse. That’s where the core of our course also begins by installing our relational database, and starting to talk to it by its language, Teradata SQL.
3. If your role is
- A Business User or Analyst in finance, marketing, healthcare (you name it) and you don’t feel confident using the data you get yourself.
- A Data Scientist and your pet peeve is data cleansing! Before everything is ready for your cutting-edge ML knockout blow, you need that solid communication with your data warehouse.
- A Data or BI Analyst, and your fluency in SQL is key in providing reliable meaningful results.
- A SQL Developer, Data Engineer, or Data Architect and you need to interact with your databases more easily so that you can focus on other core parts of your role in development and design.
I have created this course with your role in mind! I have put my experience with relational databases in these roles for over 10 years, so that you can get good at what constitutes over 80% of the practical SQL needed in the roles above.
Teradata is the number one solution in Data Warehousing, and Data Warehousing is what enabled this booming era of data; be it in Data Science, Business Intelligence, or even in the growth and practicality of the internet.
In this journey, we will:
o Overview the main data warehousing products of Teradata
o Install a fully functional database and Teradata Studio to write SQL with
o Have a crash course on Teradata Studio to use it easily and benefit from its advance features
o Learn SQL statement categories of DCL, DDL, and DML
o Create different types of tables and database objects
o Learn data types, logical expressions, joins, aggregation, SET operators, string functions, and many more topics
o Learn by creating a chess database with data about players, chess tournaments and games, and more.
Feel free to check out the free preview videos.
If you are ready for this journey together, I will see you inside in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning SQL
- SQL Developers
- Data Scientists
- Data Analysts
- IT Professionals
- Business Analysts
As a Data Engineer and Architect, I have helped large companies engineer petabyte-scale data platforms. I want to share my knowledge to help smart individuals like yourself enjoy a faster and smoother learning experience in working with data.
I am Kasper Peysepar, and I am glad that you are here and might give me a chance to add something to your knowledge!