The Great Career Escape
What you'll learn
- use your current job as an escape vehicle to reach the career you love.
- avoid taking actions that will sabotage your career (so you make your moves on your own terms)
- feel inspired and energized to take productive, purposeful action to move from your current job.
- Bring an open mind and a willingness to engage with the material. Prepare to try the exercises instead of reading passively.
If you are tired getting up every day with that sinking “I dread going to work" feeling, then this course is for you. If you are tired being told, “It's all in your mind, then this course is for you. If you are looking for a way to escape a job you hate without going broke, then this course is for you. If you want to take charge of your career on your own terms, then this course is definitely for you.
When you join this course, you'll discover new ways to experience your current job. You'll get a new way to use your current job as a vehicle to find your next career. You won't get those cheery suggestions to “Get a positive attitude" or “Be glad you have a job." And if you've always felt like an outsider who's not being taken seriously, you'll get tip for transforming your relationship with your job. You'll discover how to trust your inner voice, avoid sabotaging your future, and moving to career success in a way you never could before.
This course is *not* intended to be a complete career change or job search guide. We focus on one specific element of career development: managing your current job while you take steps to move to your dream career.
Who this course is for:
- Any working adult will benefit from this course - even if you love your job! It is not a complete career transition course -- just focusing specifically on dealing with your current job while you look for your next career. If you've worked 5 or more years, the course will be especially meaningful. It may be less useful if you're on your very first job out of school.
Hi, I'm Cathy.
If you're looking for cookie-cutter vanilla solutions to business and career challenges, you're definitely in the wrong place. The most common reaction I get to my products, service, and books is, "I never saw anyone put it this way before."
Just when you thought you'd read everything on storytelling, you'll find a whole new way to tell business stories when you take Storytelling For Small Business Marketing.
Just when you thought you needed to choose between a six-month copywriting course and hiring a good copywriter (and we don't come cheap), you can sign up for Copywriting For Non-Copywriters.
And when you're exploring ways to get more visibility and fame, get my course on Guest Blogging For More Traffic, Clients and Leads.
These courses come directly from my decade or so online, working with clients one-to-one to write their copy, build their brand and develop their compelling message.
And I still work with midlife, mid-career clients. Often my clients want to pivot to entrepreneurship or start a side hustle, so there's a natural crossover.
In my former life I was a college professor who taught graduate and undergraduate students in business schools all over North America. I was the fun professor who was "tough but fair." I was also active in research in the field of marketing and consumer behavior.
Come join me on the journey and keep me posted as you grow into your goals! I'm on Instagram as cathyinphilly and Pinterest as goodwinonline.