The Great Career Escape
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- use your current job as an escape vehicle to reach the career you love.
- avoid taking actions that will sabotage your career (so you make your moves on your own terms)
- feel inspired and energized to take productive, purposeful action to move from your current job.
- Bring an open mind and a willingness to engage with the material. Prepare to try the exercises instead of reading passively.
If you are tired getting up every day with that sinking “I dread going to work" feeling, then this course is for you. If you are tired being told, “It's all in your mind, then this course is for you. If you are looking for a way to escape a job you hate without going broke, then this course is for you. If you want to take charge of your career on your own terms, then this course is definitely for you.
When you join this course, you'll discover new ways to experience your current job. You'll get a new way to use your current job as a vehicle to find your next career. You won't get those cheery suggestions to “Get a positive attitude" or “Be glad you have a job." And if you've always felt like an outsider who's not being taken seriously, you'll get tip for transforming your relationship with your job. You'll discover how to trust your inner voice, avoid sabotaging your future, and moving to career success in a way you never could before.
This course is *not* intended to be a complete career change or job search guide. We focus on one specific element of career development: managing your current job while you take steps to move to your dream career.
- Any working adult will benefit from this course - even if you love your job! It is not a complete career transition course -- just focusing specifically on dealing with your current job while you look for your next career. If you've worked 5 or more years, the course will be especially meaningful. It may be less useful if you're on your very first job out of school.
When you're frustrated with your job, it's not unusual to find your friends and family are less than sympathetic. You may even have friends who say things like, "I've lived all my jobs." Or, "What doe it mean to hate your job?" What accounts for these differences? That's what we'll explore in this lecture.
When you hate your job, your frustration can reach you deeply and affect your entire life. This lecture gives you an exercise that's fun, but also extremely effective, so you discover a technique to protect yourself from negativity in the workplace. It's got a psychological foundation and most important, it works!
When you're in a miserable job situation, your intuition can fall silent, stop speaking to you or even send misleading signals. This lecture shows you how to tap into your intuition, which can be your best career counselor. You'll learn how to interpret your own specific intuitive signals and create your own intuition key - personalized and unique to you!