Telegraf/InfluxDB/Chronograf(TICK) for Monitoring SQL Server
- Basic database/server knowledge is useful
- For demos,windows OS is used,same method for other OS too.
If you want to store and monitor your systems metrics or server/application metrics for performance,you should learn this course.TICK tack is the open source and it has a huge support and it supports collection of data/metrics from 200+ popular services/app/server like SQL server,mysql,apache,system etc.
Most of the companies now a days use some kind of monitoring to keep track of production systems.In this course i will be demonstrating how to set up a monitoring dashboard to keep track of SQL Database server metrics.
If you have some other systems to monitor, not SQL server ,i will be demonstrating how to configure/collect metrics/data from other systems as well.This course is super easy and i have tried my best to explain the concepts clearly.You don't need to be technical to learn this course.I am sure this course will be an added advantage to your resume.
- Anyone who has basic database knowledge can take this course but not required.
- Beginner SQL developers or Junior DBA's or anyone who is interested in databases.
- Why Monitoring?
- What you are going to learn?
- What is TICK Stack?
- T for Telegraf
- I for InfluxDB
- C for Chronograf
- K for Kapacitor
- TICK Components
- Setting up InfluxDB Part 1
- Setting up InfluxDB Part 2
- Setting up Kapacitor
- Setting up Telegraf Part 1
- Setting up Telegraf Part 2
- Setting up Chronograf Part
- Host List and Data Explorer in Chronograf
- Dashboard and Alerts section
- InfluxDB Admin and Configuration section
- Prebuilt Dashboards in chronograf
- Creating a dashboard part 1
- Creating a dashboard part 2
- Creating a dashboard part 3
- Exporting and Importing dashboard
- Creating Alert : Configure Kapacitor & Alert Handlers
- Other Telegraf plugins
I work as a SQL Server DBA and also work as a BI developer.I am still diving deep into the SQL server world.Even though i work with data a lot,i love learning UI design/app development courses.I work mostly in tuning the databases while i am at work.During free time i draw/paint and do sports like badminton/tennis/cricket.