Learn Basics of Telecommunication Networks
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Architecture of wireless and wire-line networks
- Network components
- Network topologies
- OSI Model
- Basic concepts on frequency and spectrum
- Basic understanding of the Telecom Networks
Telecom Network Architecture course starts with evolution of the legacy PSTN networks. The course covers Network Architecture for Fixed and Wireless networks for a Service Provider. The architecture is explained using hierarchy like Core, Aggregation and Access.
Networking is basically communication or an interconnection of computers and other devices including client computers, servers and, network devices, such as hubs, switches, routers, and firewall. Participants will also learn about network components, network topologies, transmission media and TCP/IP protocol suite.
The course covers Open Systems Interconnection or OSI model, which is a theoretical framework for understanding and explaining networking protocols. The purpose of the OSI model is to open communication between different systems without any changes to the logic of the underlying hardware and software. All OSI Layers are independent from each other, which makes introducing changes easier as no other layers are effected. The OSI model has been discussed giving good understanding of the different layers and their functionalities in detail.
The course learning concludes with the wireless access basic concepts related to frequency and spectrum.
The assessment quiz at the end will help participants to check their learning.
- Anyone interested to learn more about telecommunication networks
Part-3: The module covers the following:
- What is Network?
- Computer Networks
- Network Operating System
- Network Interface Cards
- Transmission Media
- Network Devices
- Metropolitan Area Network (MAN)
- Wide Area Network (WAN)
Part-6: The module covers the following:
- Network Layer – Path Determination
- Network Layer – Communication Path
- Network Layer – Protocol Operations
- Layer 4: Transport Layer
- Port Number
- Transport Layer – Segment Flow Control
- Flow Control
- Transport Layer – Reliability with Windowing
- Transport Layer – An Acknowledge Technique
- Transport Layer Protocols
- Transport Layer End-to-End Communication
- Layer 5: Session Layer
- Layer 6: Presentation Layer
- Layer 7: Application Layer