TEFL Essentials: Teaching English as a Foreign Language
What you'll learn
- Learn past and current TEFL teaching methodologies
- Be able to plan engaging English language lessons
- Know how to teach different types of students and lessons
- Be able to effectively organise and manage an English class
- Learn how and when to correct errors in speech and writing
- Know how to assess students
- A native-level of English
- An understanding of English grammar
This course is for people who want to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL).
TEFL Essentials: Teaching English as a Foreign Language is a comprehensive introduction to the field of TEFL.
It covers a wide range of topics, including the history of TEFL, the different approaches to TEFL, the needs of English language learners, and how to plan and deliver effective TEFL lessons.
In short, easy-to-follow video lectures, you'll learn everything you need to start teaching English to foreign language speakers.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will understand how English is taught to speakers of other languages and be able to plan your own English language lessons.
You will learn the background and theories of teaching English as a foreign language and become equipped with the knowledge you need to better understand and teach English language learners.
2023 Update: Now includes 21 PowerPoint Games & Activities for Teaching English!
You'll learn how to use a variety of games & activities with students of all ages and levels. Each game and activity includes a PowerPoint download so that you can use them in both online and face-to-face lessons.
TEFL Essentials: Teaching English as a Foreign Language can be taken alone but it can also be taken in preparation for the CELTA or another face-to-face TEFL course.
Who this course is for:
- Native-level English language speakers who want to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL) abroad
- Those who are preparing for CELTA or an intensive, face-to-face English course and wish to get a head start
- Those already teaching English who wish to refresh their knowledge of English language teaching
- Those intending to volunteer as an English teacher
TEFL Essentials online courses equip people with the skills and knowledge they need to teach English as a foreign language.
TEFL Essentials courses don't just give you pages of PDFs to read followed by a final test. Each lesson is video-based; you can watch them as many times as you want, and the videos are short - just 10 minutes on average.
Our courses are also great for those of you who want to get a headstart for your Celta or university TEFL course without spending thousands.