TEFL Essentials: Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn past and current TEFL teaching methodologies
- Be able to plan engaging English language lessons
- Know how to teach different types of students and lessons
- Be able to effectively organise and manage an English class
- Be equipped with the knowledge needed to better understand English language learners
- Learn how and when to correct errors in speech and writing
- Know how to assess students
- A native-level of English
- An understanding of English grammar
This course is for people who want to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL) abroad.
On completion of this course, you'll understand the background and theories of English language teaching and know how to teach English as a foreign language.
In short, easy-to-follow video lectures, TEFL Essentials: Teaching English as a Foreign Language teaches you everything you need to start teaching English to foreign language speakers.
This course can be taken alone but can also be taken in preparation for the CELTA or a face-to-face TEFL course.
If you need to refresh your grammatical knowledge, consider combining this course with TEFL Essentials: English Grammar For English Language Teachers.
- Native-level English language speakers who want to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL) abroad
- Those who are preparing for CELTA or an intensive, face-to-face English course and wish to get a head start
- Those already teaching English who wish to refresh their knowledge of English language teaching
- Those intending to volunteer as an English teacher
As English language teachers we must consider the reasons why our students are learning English. Learners' reasons for learning English directly affects the lessons we plan and the materials we use.
An introduction to the variety of reasons learners have for studying English around the world.