TEFL Essentials: Teaching English as a Foreign Language
What you'll learn
- Learn past and current TEFL teaching methodologies
- Be able to plan engaging English language lessons
- Know how to teach different types of students and lessons
- Be able to effectively organise and manage an English class
- Learn how and when to correct errors in speech and writing
- Know how to assess students
- A native-level of English
- An understanding of English grammar
This course is for people who want to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL).
In short, easy-to-follow video lectures, TEFL Essentials: Teaching English as a Foreign Language teaches you everything you need to start teaching English to foreign language speakers.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will understand how English is taught to speakers of other languages and be able to plan your own English language lessons.
You will learn the background and theories of teaching English as a foreign language and become equipped with the knowledge you need to better understand and teach English language learners.
New 2021 update: Covid19 has changed the way that millions of people around the world live, study, work, and travel and so has greatly changed the TEFL industry. This new lecture considers how the pandemic has and will affect teaching English abroad and how you can prepare to teach English abroad post-covid19.
TEFL Essentials: Teaching English as a Foreign Language can be taken alone but it can also be taken in preparation for the CELTA or a face-to-face TEFL course.
If you need to refresh your grammatical knowledge, consider combining this course with TEFL Essentials: English Grammar For English Language Teachers.
Who this course is for:
- Native-level English language speakers who want to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL) abroad
- Those who are preparing for CELTA or an intensive, face-to-face English course and wish to get a head start
- Those already teaching English who wish to refresh their knowledge of English language teaching
- Those intending to volunteer as an English teacher
TEFL Essentials online courses equip people with the skills and knowledge they need to teach English as a foreign language.
TEFL Essentials courses don't just give you pages of PDFs to read followed by a final test. Each lesson is video-based; you can watch them as many times as you want, and the videos are short - just 10 minutes on average.
Our courses are also great for those of you who want to get a headstart for your Celta or university TEFL course without spending thousands.