TEFL- Essential Safeguarding Children and Young People
What you'll learn
- Define the types of abuse
- Consider the signs and symptoms of abuse
- Understand how to report concerns
- Be equipped to protect yourself from false allegations
- No experience needed
Are you ready to go in to the world of Teaching English as a Foreign Language? Have you considered the additional roles you will have to undertake in order to be a successful teacher? Becoming a qualified TEFL teacher enables many to spend long periods of time in areas of the world that they wish to experience whilst doing something they are passionate about - Teaching English. This course provides essential knowledge for TEFL teachers entering the workplace, or those already in the work place who have not received safeguarding training. Your role as a TEFL teacher may result in children and / or young people disclosing that they are at risk of, or are being abused. You must be equipped to know how to handle these situations and what to do next. Through this course you will be become confident in knowing the four main types of abuse and their signs and symptoms. You will learn the basic listening principles, the ways in which disclosures may come about and what to do and how to report if you are concerned about a learner. You will learn the meaning of and how to whistleblow as well as how to protect yourself from false allegations.
Who this course is for:
- This course is essential for TEFL teachers entering the teaching environment with children and young people. Entering the field of teaching equipped with more than your TEFL certificate will not only set you aside from the rest, but empower you to recognise a child or young person is at risk of or is being abused, and what to do. You will gain the knowledge needed to protect yourself from false allegations.
My name is Hannah. I am from England, where I first began my career in Early Childhood Education. I have managed Early Years Education providers in both England and Internationally. Alongside this role, I have always been involved in Safeguarding children. I am a qualified safeguarding lead with a wealth of experience to share. I love to teach and upskill people with my own knowledge and expertise, so I am very happy that you have chosen my course!