Integrating Technology into Education
What you'll learn
- Understand the Educational Uses of Digital Storytelling
- Create Digital Stories
- How to use Photo Story 3
- How to use and create videos with Movie Maker
- How to use and create videos with Wevideo
- Eventhough no technical skills is needed to take this course, basic knowledge of computers and internet tools is recommended
- Internet Connectivity and Browser
- Creating accounts on various web tools may be needed
Learn how to use free/low cost technology tools for teaching and learning in your classroom. Keep up-to-date with latest tech tools curated by an instructional technology expert!
Would you like to go beyond just using computers and office products in your classroom?
There are many free/low cost technology tools out there which you can utilize in your professional life in various ways such organization, learning and better yet teaching more effectively! Among the topics will be covered in this course are:
- Teaching and Learning with Visuals and Video,
- Digital Storytelling,
- Web 2.0 tools,
- Presentation Tools,
- Collaboration Tools,
- Web Design Tools,
- Mobile Devices and Applications,
- Course Management Systems and Lesson Planning Tools,
- Cloud Applications,
- Personal Organization & Professional Development for Teachers,
- and many more...
Exploring technology worthy of use can be time-consuming and intimidating for many teachers. However, this course will feature tools that are easy to master and effective with educators in mind. Also, the course will be updated frequently with new tools based on the feedback from users.
Who this course is for:
- This course is developed teachers and educators in mind. However, since the course includes fundamentals, it can be taken by pretty much anybody!
I am an Assistant Professor of Instructional Technology at the North American University, Houston, TX. I have been teaching for 6 years in K-12 and 4 years in Higher Education. I have taught various courses in computers, graphic design, video technology and educational technology previously. I am a trainer, instructional designer, and graphic designer.
I coordinate several instructional projects such as Digital Storytelling Contests (DISTCO). My research interests include Digital Storytelling, Tablets/Games in Education and Social Media in Higher Education…