Technical Writing: A Quick Start to Software Documentation
- Be interested in providing documentation for software app for the end user
In this quick start course, we start with a quick and direct overview of the end-to-end documentation creation processes.
By the end of this course, you should get a basic understanding of what technical writing in software documentation is all about. You will be able to name the main assets (deliverables for your customers) that you create using technical writing skills and techniques. For example, such are the software documentation itself, images, as well as instructional videos, and multimedia.
For several years now, JPDocu School of Technical Writing has been designing and delivering training on user assistance for:
technical writers (information developers)
The instructor, Jordan Stanchev, a User Assistance Development Architect has personally trained hundreds of people in the classroom, online courses, universities, and internally at a Fortune 500 company!
Jordan says: "The goal for me has always been to deliver practical information, to make sure my trainees get ready for delivering real content, right after the course is over.
I am so proud of my students who come back to me and share how they have started their first job as a technical writer or how they have advanced in their career using what they have learned in my courses!
That's the reason I have started devoting my time to teaching technical writing skills, on top of my regular job as a User Assistance Development Architect."
So, enroll now and see how easy and simple it is to deliver help for your software app customers!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Technical Writers and Information Developers
- 04:04Who is a Technical Writer and What Technical Writers Do
- 05:49Who Does Technical Writing?
- 02:04What is the Result from Technical Writing?
- 04:22The Job of the Technical Writer
- 01:03Types of Documentation
- 02:58Functional Documentation
- 02:23Functional Documentation Example
- 07:54Functional Documentation in Software Documentation
- 04:06Strategy for Writing Functional Documentation
- 04:29Task Oriented Documentation
- 10:55Strategy for Writing Task-Oriented Documentation
- 06:17Task Oriented Documentation Example
- 02:16Technical Writers in Development Team
- 03:50The Technical Writing Process
- 00:52The Ultimate Purpose of the Technical Writer
Learning technical writing is easy - after all, it's just plain docu!
JPDocu School of Technical Writing is a training company that is passionate about user assistance, technical communications, and making it a positive user experience. Our e-learning courses help us shape the next generation of technical writers and information developers, by providing them with simple to follow and practical, hands-on experiences with technical writing.
Nowadays everyone talks about the professions of the future. People are scared that they are not prepared for the needs of the future of work. We believe that change is not to be feared. We believe that with the proper training, education, and practical experience, our customers will be ready to meet the future with joy. The best way to concur with this fear is by studying and learning.
JPDocu School of Technical Writing transforms this fear into practical knowledge, getting people ready for the job of the future - Technical Writing. Taking our programs online allows us to reach all of you across the globe!
JPDocu School of Technical Writing is here to deliver top-quality e-learning courses and training (both online and on-site) that help you learn the profession of the future. We bring our courses to the world using various training platforms and interactions with our students.