Tech Writers Master Class
What you'll learn
- How to write technical documents that meet the needs of your readers
- Which resources to use to help you write with more confidence
- How to choose the best words to use
- Write more powerful sentences and effective paragraphs
- Understand the best technical writing styles to use
- Add the right kinds of graphics to your documents
- Format your documents more professionally
- Know what elements to include in different types of technical documents
- Proofread and edit your documents more easily and effectively
- Conduct usability studies
- Get the feedback you need from subject matter experts
- And tips that will help you write the best technical documents.
- Basic knowledge of English.
- Basic writing skills.
- Desire to write better technical documents.
Burning Bush Technologies, a highly respected analytics software company that studies labor trends, says that their studies show that "writing, communication, and organization skills are scarce everywhere. These skills are in demand across nearly every occupation...Even fields like IT and Engineering want people who can write."
Tech Writers Master Class was developed to help you get an edge in the job market by teaching you the skills you need to write better technical documents. This is a practical course that tells you specifically HOW to improve your skills, not just what you should do. Based on interviews with more than 50 technical professionals, this course is focused on helping all technical professionals write better technical documents. By the end of this course, you'll know how to do the following:
Write documentation that meets the needs of different audiences.
Interview subject matter experts.
Organize your document logically.
Choose the best writing style.
Use accurate, precise words and avoid common word-choice mistakes.
Write powerful sentences and paragraphs that flow.
Use graphics that are the best for what you're illustrating.
Proofread and edit your documents more professionally.
Don't be left behind. Learn how to write great technical documents by taking the Tech Writers Master Class.
Who this course is for:
- Technical writers and any technical professionals who write technical documents.
With more than 20 years of experience as a senior technical writer, Janet Underwood has developed technical documentation for major corporations in the computer, information technology, telecommunications, financial, and medical industries, as well as for U.S. government agencies and public utilities organizations. She started her career as an English teacher and went on to work as an editor and writer for several internationally known trade publications before marrying her love of technology with her passion for writing to become a technical writer. She has won numerous awards for the excellence of her writing and documentation design. Two of her books are used in technical writing classes in U.S. and Canadian colleges and she has been an adjunct professor teaching FrameMaker classes.