Tech 101: Introduction to Working in Tech
What you'll learn
- Overcome barriers to entry in the tech industry
- Level up your understanding of the tech landscape
- Navigate careers in tech
- Become more tech savvy in your own role
- This course will empower beginners and career transitioners to develop a tech mindset through a mix of lectures that will advance your tech acumen through the T
- No experience necessary. Students should have an interest in technology and a desire to learn about new advancements in the tech landscape, trends, and terminology. They will be taught about the various roles and specialities and walk away with a greater understanding of the leading tech topics.
Tech 101: Introduction to Working in Tech will introduce you to the Tech industry and what it's like to work in tech. In the course, you will learn how to develop the Tech Mindset and use the Lean Startup method to hack your working style to be more innovative and agile. You will develop an understanding of how to navigate the tech landscape and learn tech terms. You'll also learn about some key tech trends, how tech companies are organized, and what it's like to work at a tech company.
The course will give you the steps necessary to transition into technology careers and develop plans to create diversity through inclusion in the tech ecosystem. Tech 101 will inform and educate participants with video lectures on the following:
The Tech Mindset
The tech landscape
Tech as a service
Departments and divisions
Technical jobs in tech
Non-technical jobs in tech
How to get buy in on your innovative ideas
Retaining diverse talent through inclusion
In this course you will walk away with:
Templates and tools you can use to reflect on your work and how you can become more tech-enabled
A tech deck that offers guidance to tech careers, diversity, and startups
Frameworks that help with the practical application of understanding lean startup and disruptive technologies
An understanding of technology and innovation acceleration
If you're interested in working in a career in Tech, then enroll today!
Who this course is for:
- Entry-level individuals and beginners interested in technology
- Consultants wanting to be up to speed on the latest technologies
- Individuals who want to stay ahead of the curve through tech innovations
- Non-technical founders and business leaders looking to increase their knowledge of tech trends and terminology
- Mid-to senior-level leaders looking to transition to a role in tech
Esosa Ighodaro is the co-founder of Black Women Talk Tech, the organization that aims to identify, support and encourage black women to build the next billion-dollar business. Black Women Talk Tech is the largest collective of black women tech founders therefore bringing a unique understanding of the challenges Black women face and the advantages they bring to the tech industry. As co-founder, Esosa co-leads business strategy and strategic partnership development and leads the organization’s marketing endeavors.
Esosa has more than 15 years of entrepreneurial experience including founding two influencer marketing businesses. Additionally, she has more than 12 years of marketing and operation experience as a serial entrepreneur, and as a former bank executive at Citigroup where she developed high-performing growth strategies and oversaw implementation for key lines of business.
Her achievements at her past companies led to several articles and past awards, including being named 100 Most Powerful Women by Entrepreneur Magazine in 2019 and one of the 50 Inspirational Entrepreneurs to Watch in 2017, and Top 10 Female Entrepreneurs to Watch by Paste Magazine. This ultimately lands her features in ELLE, Forbes, NBC, The Huffington Post, USA Today, and many more.
Esosa graduated with a bachelor of science in finance from the Fox School of Business at Temple University. She and her husband now live in New York, NY and enjoy fashion, travel and food.