Teaching with Technology 1 – Improving your Presentations
What you'll learn
- Add images, audio and video to a PowerPoint Presentation
- Add animations and transitions to a PowerPoint Presentation
- Build an engaging and interactive presentation using PowerPoint
- Download and install Office Mix
- Add interactive elements to an Office Mix Presentation
- Record an Office Mix presentation, including audio and video narration
- Publish and share Office Mixes with students and colleagues
- Create a new Microsoft Account
- Add interactive content to a Sway presentation
- Pubslish and Share Sway with students and colleagues
- You should be able to use a PC at beginner level
- You should be able to use the Internet and Web Browsers at a beginner level
- You should have access to Microsoft Powerpoint
- You should have a Microsoft Account (If you dont, I will teach you how!)
Do you want to enhance your presentations by adding interactivity, engagement and excitement – Well this is the right course for you!
By the end of this course, learners will be able to create amazing multimedia presentations which will enhance your audiences learning and viewing experience!
The course is split into 2 main sections – Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Sway.
I will begin the course by guiding learners through improving their presentations using PowerPoint. I will show learners how to add images, audio and video to your slides, as well as teaching learners about narration, annotation animations and transitions.
The course will finish by looking at Microsoft Sway, a digital storytelling app, accessed entirely online, that allows you to create and share interactive presentations, class materials and projects. I will teach learners how to use sway, how to get the best out of the various design options and how to produce a professional, online presentation using Microsoft sway.
Throughout the course, there will be special example lessons that demonstrate the skills and techniques learnt in the course, and I will include real life practical examples, all of which are available for my learners to download.
So, if you are an Administrator, Manager, Teacher, Classroom assistant, Course Creator, or just a Professional interested in enhancing your presentations with the use of technology, why not sign up today?
Who this course is for:
- Teachers, Tutors and Academic staff interested in improving their presentations
- Powerpoint users who wish to enhance their presentations
- Business Professionals wanting to add interactivity and engagement to their presentations
- Anyone interested in Learning Technology and how it can be used to enhance student learning
- Anyone who wants to use technology to improve their presentations
I have worked in eLearning for over 12 years, and in IT and computing for over 22 years.
I began my career at the Workers Education Association, the largest provider of Adult education in the UK, as a support analyst before moving up to a Senior Support Analyst, involved in building networks and providing helpdesk support. I then moved on to work as a Learning Technologies officer for Coventry University London Campus, and then a Virtual Learning Environment Manager during my 4 years at the Royal Veterinary College.
Presently, I am the Electronic Resources Manager at the Institute of Dentistry at Queen Mary University in London, England.
I have managed multiple eLearning projects throughout my wide and varied career, including a college wide migration from Blackboard to Moodle, creating new undergraduate online courses, managing Virtual Learning Environments, Creating e-learning content, Moodle training, learning design including MOOCs and SPOCs and pedagogical design of online courses.
I frequently identify and assess relevant learning technologies to extend and support teaching and learning, and plan and manage the integration of such technologies into the curriculum and into teaching practice.
I have regularly, throughout my career, designed and implemented a range of training, including student inductions, large scale teacher training, online training and individual training.
I am always interested in any Moodle or eLearning consultancy work - if you require this sort of service, please let me know, or visit my website.
In my spare time, I enjoy watching Football - I am a Chelsea fan, entering online competitions, playing with my cat Daisy (she makes a guest appearance in my courses!) and going out to the pub with my friends.