Introduction to Teaching
- Teaching experience is desirable but if you just want to know more about teaching this course will give you value information.
- Having a good attitude and will to improve or learn something new is a must to get the most of this course.
- A good internet connection and a computer or mobile device is recommended to be able to go over all the lectures of this course.
Do you want to start teaching? Are you currently doing it? Maybe you would like to know how to improve your daily teaching.
In this course you will learn important and practical tips to improve your teaching. Whether you are a classroom teacher or you are planning to teach online, this course will help you.
Through time being a teacher has become an art. Fortunately now a days there are many helpful resources that are available for almost any teacher. In this course you will understand how to have the correct mindset which is the key to start changing and improving your teacher skills.
Some of the topics that this course includes are:
- Who is a teacher?
- Growth mindset vs fixed mindset
- Knowing your students
- Teaching online
- The teachable moment
- Developing a curriculum
- Teacher´s development
Join this course and improve your teaching.
Who this course is for:
- This course is dedicated to any person that wants to become a teacher but he is not sure how to start.
- If you are already teaching but you want to get more tips that could improve your daily practice, this course is for you.
- If you do not want to improve your teaching, this course is not for you.
- If you are a teacher that wants to know more about other teaching systems like online education, this course will help you.
- 05:16Who is a teacher?
- 09:15Teacher´s mindset
- 11:08Online Teaching
- 05:53Teacher´s development
Ilse Lozoya is a pianist and educator who has been creating online courses about music and education on Udemy since 2016. She is deeply involved on creating online content with other artists and course developers as a co - instructor.
Her courses are basically focused on:
- Music Theory
- Ear Training
There are more than 46,000 students from 160 countries enrolled in more than 74 courses.
Ilse Lozoya has been a piano teacher for the last 22 years, her experience teaching young kids includes the Yamaha Program and now she is a Certified Suzuki Piano Teacher
For the last 10 years she has been a higher education teacher in local music universities. Her academic degrees include:
Music Bachelor´s Degree by Universidad de Guadalajara (UDG)
Master´s Degree in Education by Universidad Tecnológica de México (UNITEC)
University Teaching 101 by Johns Hopkins University through Coursera
Liderazgo en gestión educativa estratégica a tráves del uso de la tecnología by Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM)
Foundations of Teaching for Learning Specialization Program by Commonwealth Education Trust
Virtual Teacher Program Specialization by UCI Extension Continuing Education
Currently besides her daily academic activities as a private piano teacher, she is developing virtual piano courses in order to reach people who don´t have the opportunity to take regular piano lessons, she has a blog and she is preparing an E-book