Teaching English as a Foreign Language TEFL
What you'll learn
- An improved knowledge of the English language
- How to explain language topics in a fun and engaging way
- To teach English as a foreign language
- How to find a well paid English teaching job in many parts of the world.
- The ability to teach real students online
- A good command of English. Non-native speakers can become excellent English teachers
- Some employers may prefer a bachelor's degree, but many don't
- Teaching is performance art, therefore, having an outgoing character is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Have passion for the subject matter
- Be friendly and approachable
This course is for anyone who is interested in starting a career as an English teacher. At the end of the course, you will have all the skills necessary to plan lessons, and to teach real students.
The course has a structured curriculum consisting of video lectures, articles, and an abundance of real-world examples. During the course, you will be tested after each topic with multiple choice quizzes and assignments.
A comprehensive grammar course is included to refresh what you have previously learned.
Who this course is for:
- People who are serious about teaching English as a foreign language
- Those who are interested in the opportunity to work in most countries in the world.
- This course is for all levels in preparation for a future TEFL certification course.
- Professionals who want to re-educate themselves
- Students who are considering a gap year
- Anyone who would like a carreer teaching online
I began my educational career as an English teacher at the Ho Chi Minh Law University in Vietnam. During the summer months, I taught 1st to 5th graders at an international school and teenagers in the early evening at a language center.
The last five years, I've been educating, monitoring and evaluating teachers on their performance at international schools.