1st Grade Common Core Math - Part 1
What you'll learn
- Effectively teach the Number and Operations in Base 10 standards to a 1st grade student
- Utilize a wealth of activities, games, practice sheet and websites to support their 1st grader in math
- Understand how the Common Core math standards can help students achieve mastery in math
- You will need a printer for the many resources given to use with your student.
- You may want some basic math manipulatives, such as base 10 blocks and objects for counting.
This course is for parents and teachers who want to better support their 1st grade math student. This course systematically covers all common core math standards under the Number & Operations in Base 10 math strand. Each lecture gives hands on activities and games that you can do at home or in the classroom with your student(s). Each lecture also includes practice pages and websites for additional work within the standard. By the end of this course you will have a wealth of resources to use with your 1st grader to make sure that they are proficient in this strand of the common core math standards. Additional courses will be offered to cover the other three strands in 1st grade common core math.
Promo Music: Occasion For War by Rations is licensed under a Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants to better support their 1st grader in math, particularly the Number and Operations in Base 10 Common Core math standard strand. We start the concepts at the beginning, so you do not need previous teaching experience to effectively use the techniques presented in this course.
- This is not a course to give to a 1st grader. They may benefit from watching some of the activities with you, however it is meant to give direction to an adult in teaching this material in person to a child.
Jessica has been a teacher for 9 years. Her experience includes teaching elementary school in the regular classroom and in online schools. She holds a Bachelor's degree as well as a Master's in Educational Leadership. She has a passion for making math relevant and accessible to kids and parents alike.