Teach Music Full/ Part Time: Grow a Music Teaching Practice
What you'll learn
- Make all or part of your living from running a professional, reputable music teaching practice
- Find the right method of teaching for you
- Divsersify your music teaching skills
- Be able to teach music to individuals and groups
- Target lessons to children, teenagers and adults
- Promote your business and attract students
- Put in place all the practical paperwork and insurance that you need
- e aware of the diverse settings for music teaching to maximise your income
- Give effective practice activities
- Help students meet their musical goals
- Teach online and offline
- Run a music business which serves your community and achieves its support
- Bonus: teaching on Udemy (unofficial)
- You should want a rewarding and fulfilling career
- You should love music and people
- You should be competent in at least one instrument and at music theory
- You should be able to relate well to individuals and groups
Do you want to make your living from teaching music full or part time? Do you want a flexible, sustainable and really rewarding career?
This course will show you how how to establish a professional, reputable music teaching business and how to promote that business to recruit students and build a sustainable income.
Why Am I the Right Person to Help You?
I have been teaching music since 2005 and have a successful in person and online teaching practice. I hold a Master of Music degree and trained to teach singing with TOSINI (Teachers of Singing in Ireland). At present my youngest student is 7 and the oldest is 102! I also teach groups in university and community settings and I teach online. I would like to offer you my expertise to help you launch your business. If you take the time to learn about teaching methods and good business practices when starting your business, you are creating a path to success. If you already have a teaching practice and would like to expand it this in depth course will also help you.
What You Will Learn
Topics covered include
Choosing your target students
Methods of teaching
Diversify your music teaching skills
Teaching children, teenagers, adults and groups
Practical resources and paperwork needed to teach
Setting your payment rates and booking procedures
Teaching privately versus teaching in music schools
Several places you may not have realised employ freelance music tutors
Promoting your business online and offline to recruit more students
How to stand out from your competition
We will also look at organisations who provide support, advice and professional development for music teachers.
By the end of the course, you should be able to plan and launch your own music teaching business.
You can get in touch at any time with any specific queries that you have for a supportive and friendly response.
Please enroll now to begin an exciting new chapter of your life. Udemy offers a 30 day refund policy so there is no risk in taking the course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who would like to establish a music teaching business either part time or full time
Hi. I'm Eve Williams and It's my aim to help you go as far as you can go in music, business and English Literature. I'm an award winning singer and songwriter from Co. Down in Northern Ireland. I have written with and for stars of the Voice Norway and the X Factor UK and my music has been featured in documentaries and advertising. I'm a regular contributor to Songwriting magazine in the UK.
I hold a Master of Music in Songwriting from Bath Spa University as well as an Honours degree plus a Master's degree in English from the Queen's University of Belfast, Northern Ireland. In 2015 Nashville Songwriters Association International recognised me as One to Watch twice (April and June).
I'm also also a music educator and online coach, running an on site teaching practice and an online coaching/mentoring service . I have taught at Queen's University of Belfast (Russell International Excellence Group), further education colleges, music schools, community groups, music industry education bodies and privately and in doing so have worked with a very large range of groups and individuals so I'm always happy to engage with your questions and give feedback on your work.
If you have any questions about any of my courses, please feel free to get in touch.
'A great voice'
-John McGlynn, Anúna
'Eve has established herself as an artist of considerable sophistication, recognised for her powerful toplines and moving lyrics.'
-The Musician Journal, UK
'This is quality stuff '
'This is excellent folk music and comes highly recommended'