Teach English Online (Anyone can do it!)
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students will be able define the basic task of an online language teacher.
- Students will be able to choose from a list the required materials for an online teaching position.
- Students will be able to list various types of online teaching jobs.
- Students will be able to list the benefits of becoming an online language teacher.
- Students will be able to identify the relevant skills, qualities, certifications and professional experience they have that make them a potential candidate for an online language teaching position.
- Students will be able to identify the relevant skills, qualities, certifications and professional experience that they lack in order to become a potential candidate for an online language teaching position.
- Students will be able to take the necessary actions to gain whatever skills, qualities, certifications and professional experience they lack.
- Students will be able to tailor their resume to highlight relevant skills and experience pertaining to online language teaching.
- Students will be able to correctly answer interview practice questions in preparation for a real interview.
- Students will be prepared to apply for an online language teaching company equipped with the necessary information to have a successful interview.
- Students will know how to search for online language learning jobs using various resources.
- Students will need to be native English speakers or have a native-like control of the English language.
- Students will need to have some experience in a learning environment (church, school, training, volunteering).
Most people take for granted that they can earn money online just for being a native English speaker! Unlike other courses, this course helps you obtain a position for teaching English online with a company that already has an established student base. There is no need to go through the hassle of marketing yourself and creating your own website to find students. This course provides the nitty gritty details of how to get a job teaching English online. Teaching online can be done from anywhere with a solid internet connection. There are many benefits of teaching online including making your own schedule, working from home, having the flexibility to travel while working. From this course, students will gain more than just a basic understanding of the job, they will obtain hands-on skills for finding the right company, nailing an interview, and using best practice in the online classroom. Teaching online is great for educators seeking to supplement their income, stay-at-home moms and anyone that wants to work at home. After this course students will realize that the skills for becoming an online teacher are very obtainable for anyone that has a native command of English! So hop in and I'll guide you to your next online teaching job!
- Educators looking to start teaching online part-time / full-time
- Those who are seeking a location-independent / remote / work from home job.
- Travelers looking to earn money on the road.
- ESL (English as a Second Language) professionals
- Retirees looking for work at home jobs
Most people take for granted that they can earn money online just for being a native English speaker! This video provides a general introduction to teaching English online. This work can be done from anywhere with a solid internet connection. It discusses the many benefits of being location independent, working from home, or having the flexibility to travel and teach English online. Students will gain a basic understanding of the job. Teaching online is great for Educators seeking to supplement their income, stay-at-home Moms and anyone that wants to work at home. After this lesson students will be able to analyze the general criteria for becoming an online teacher and determine if it's something feasible for them.
In this section we review the qualifications needed for someone (or anyone) to start teaching online. The bare bones qualifications needed to start working in this field might surprise you. After this lecture, students will know if they are qualified to start teaching English online, or if not, they will know the important next steps to become qualified.
In this lecture we go over the most important aspects of teaching ESL online. It is absolutely important to put yourself in the learner's shoes. Some of these strategies include: cutting down on teacher talk time in order to make room for student growth and experimentation; using your body to create a framework and learning context for the student; having patience to give the learner time to respond. After this lecture, students will be able to implement quality, student-centered ESL teaching strategies in their online classrooms.
After this lecture, students will be able to have the proper skills and knowledge to land a teaching job with a company like VIPKID. Students will be able to discuss important ESL strategies required for the job. Students will know what to do to prepare for an interview and an online practicum.