Introduction to Conference Production and Management
What you'll learn
- Create, sell and market your own conference
- Learn all elements needed to organise a successful business conference from logisticts to content creation, sales and marketing
- Get a first hand insight into the vital aspects of each role and the steps to create, sell, market and execute a great conference
- Learn how to control your finances and budget to make a profit
- No prior experience needed. An understanding of what business conferences are will be helpful.
In this Introduction to conference production and management we will cover the basics of conference management and production. You will get an overall understanding of the business and the different aspects to consider when creating a world-class conferences.
This course will teach you the difference between a conference and a summit, a keynote or a panel discussion and help you to understand the different venue options. It will also get you thinking about how to attract sponsors and delegates and much more.
At the end of this course you will have an overall understanding of the business and the different aspects to consider when creating a world-class conference. Interactive exercises unlock the passive knowledge and understanding you may have already gathered about conferences and help you turn this into tangible ideas.
Business conferences - An introduction
Understanding the different types of conferences
Core elements of a great conference programme / agenda
Speaker, sponsors, delegates: Understanding different participant roles
Finding the right location and venue
A word about financial planning and budgeting
Downloadable bonus material
A course certificate will be issued to all who successfully complete the course.
This course includes six individual lectures and over 40 minutes of on-demand video. Additional courses are available and will cover conference production, marketing, sales, operations and finance.
Who this course is for:
- Graduates and young professionals looking for a job in the event/conference business
- Career switchers wanting to learn how to develop a conference business
- Employees who have been tasked with organising a company event or conference
Having organized hundreds of events in the past 15 years, I am now running Merlien Institute together with a fantastic team of dedicated people. My experience from working with industry leaders across Europe, Asia and North America has helped me to build the business I really want - honest, fair and sustainable.