Tastes and Ayurveda Herbal Pharmacology
What you'll learn
- Importance of tastes in Ayurveda, how Ayurveda uses taste as a tool to explain action of herbs
- Types of tastes and their functions in the body their effect on health and on diseases
- Various examples of herbs with different tastes and their action on the body
- Effect of tastes on Doshas, importance of taste in food and in medicines, adverse effects of excessive consumption
- Other tools of Ayurveda pharmacology such as qualities, potencies and post metabolism taste conversion
- This course can be taken by anyone, even without basic knowledge of Ayurveda. There are no pre-requisites
In these modern times, we have costly lab equipment and technologies to decipher the plant chemicals and their actions. But ancient Ayurveda masters, 3,000 years before, were not having these tech advantages. Yet, they derived a way to understand the qualities and functions of herbs through parameters such as taste (Rasa), Qualities (Guna), Vipaka (Post Metabolism taste conversion), potency and prime action. It is a matter of wonder that, with these simple techniques they explained medicinal action of herbs and those descriptions are validated now, with modern technologies!
If you want to learn how Ayurveda, the ancient Indian medical system analyses herbs, how Ayurveda chooses herbs for different diseases and how Ayurveda remedies are blended, this course is for you.
In this course, you will learn
Tastes - general consideration as per Ayurveda
How is the Ayurvedic explanation of tastes different from the modern explanation?
Types of tastes as per Ayurveda - Sweet, salt, sour, bitter, pungent (spicy) and astringent.
Detailed description of individual tastes, their qualities, benefits, how they act in the body, their blends
Concept of sub-tastes, how they are different than main tastes
Advanced concepts like Post-digestion taste conversion, qualities, prime qualities, potencies etc.
Examples of herbs following the rules of tastes, qualities and potencies, and examples of other herbs that do not follow these rules, why do they behave differently?
Examples of herbs for individual tastes, their benefits, remedies and usage
Examples of traditional Ayurvedic remedies and medicines that are formulated based on tastes - Here, I have explained medicines that are formulated based on sweet, sour, salt etc. tastes, their usage and benefits.
Who this course is for:
- Ayurveda learners who want to understand fundamentals of Ayurvedic Pharmacology
Namaste! I am Dr JV Hebbar, an Ayurveda doctor in India. I am the founder of Easy Ayurveda - An online platform dedicated to Ayurveda teaching.
AyurMedInfo - An online platform to teach about Ayurveda products.
I am the author of
Living Easy With Ayurveda
Tridosha – Basic Principle of Ayurveda
Blueprint For A Healthy Lifestyle
Learn Ayurveda Principles And Ashtanga Hrudayam Sutrasthana
Charaka Samhita Sutrasthana Made Easy
Disease Explanation In Charaka Samhita Made Easy
100 Herbs Of Ayurveda Made Easy – Volume 1 Rs 299/-
100 Questions and Answers with Dr JV Hebbar – Volume 1,2 and 3
I have been consultant to many companies such as Cadbury India Ltd, Bangalore, Pure Indian Foods, New Jersey, AVN Arogya Healthcare Ltd, Madurai etc.
I teach Ayurveda online and in the real world.