Target Internal Audiences & Stakeholders With Confidence
What you'll learn
- The course “Bull’s Eye: Target Your Audience with Confidence” aims to provide business professionals with an authoritative knowledge base about organizational audiences, so that you can create and deliver communications programs that accurately reflect the needs of your workforce.
- Improve your communications efforts by transforming the way you look at the audiences inside your company
- Unleash your talent by figuring out who you need to communicate with and how best to reach those target audiences
- Break through communication barriers by helping leaders make strategic decisions based on their intended audience
- Stand out at work by finding and focusing on the target audiences most important to your organization
- A positive attitude toward acquiring new knowledge and skills
- Personal motivation to apply what you learn to real-life situations
Welcome to the business course “Bull’s Eye: Target Your Audience With Confidence.”
Do you want to break through communication barriers within your organization? Then this is the course for you. It will help you build your communications skills, stand out at work, and transform the way you look at the audiences inside your company.
This course is about the kinds of information you can use to identify and define the people and groups inside your organization. Once you identify those audiences, you will be able to target them as part of your next business or communications strategy.
In this course you will learn about three main categories of information: firmographics, demographics, and psychographics. After learning the basics about each category, you will discover more about them in detail.
The course will review
·five ways to look at your workforce using firmographic criteria,
·11 different types of demographic criteria,
·six ways to get to know your internal audiences using psychographics, and
This is an introductory course intended for
·recent graduates, and
The course is delivered as a combination of animated video and presentation slides. It includes five sections and will take approximately 1 hour to complete.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
·improve your organizational communications efforts,
·figure out who you need to communicate with and how best to reach those target audiences,
·help leaders make strategic decisions based on their intended audience, and
·find and focus on the target audiences most important to your organization.
If you want to take immediate action following the course, you will be able to download an audience checklist that will help you get started.
This checklist will guide you through the process of creating a profile for each of your target audiences.
Who this course is for:
- Entry level communications professionals who want to develop the core communications skills they need to do their jobs and be competent in their field
- Communications generalists who want to continue building their strategic communications and problem-solving skills as their career responsibilities grow
- Communications specialists with expertise in other areas of communciation who want to expand their knowledge of internal communications, possibly to move into or succeed in a new role
- Strategic communications advisors who are looking for tools and resources that will help them mentor less experienced communications professionals
- Senior communications leaders who are looking for credible resources to help them influence and guide other business professionals
- Communications instructors who want to supplement their course teaching materials
- Communication students who are looking for additional resources to support their studies or research projects
- Recent graduates who want to bridge the gap between communications theory and application as they enter the workforce for the first time
- Not intended for: Communications professionals who are looking for tools and resources related to external communications strategies and programs; individuals who want to improve English as a second language; members of the general public who want to build their personal communication skills
ADM Learning founder Amber Marechal has a passion for learning. An instructional design expert and independent consultant, Amber believes online learning can be more than just Youtube videos and voice-over PowerPoint presentations. Fuelled by coffee, she develops online courses about the fundamentals of learning: adult learning theories, instructional design best practices, digital technologies, and emerging L&D trends. Amber is on a mission to help L&D teams find a better way to support their organizations — moving away from traditional thinking and toward more engaging and effective learning experiences.