Tapping Into Jira's Hidden Treasure
What you'll learn
- How to create, configure, and utilize the Enhanced Jira Query Tool
- How to structure their workflows to get the most out of the tool
- Using the tool for some basic cycle and lead time analysis
- Basic familiarity with Jira and Google Sheets/Excel
During the course I will do a quick overview of the tool and will then show you everything you need to know to set up, configure, and execute queries with the EJQT tool. When you have finished the course you will be able to easily retrieve additional Jira field properties otherwise unavailable as well as derived fields like issue cycle and lead times, status times, wait times, and unplanned work. I will cover most of what is covered in the EJQT Guide, but go into more depth and walk through additional examples than are provided in the guide.
I will also discuss good workflow design characteristics such as using a pull based approach, managing the flow of work, visualization, transparency, and continuous improvement. Finally, I will walk you through how you can utilize some of the derived fields like cycle time, wait time, and flow transition dates to develop flow based analysis in Google Sheets that will allow to gain a deeper understanding of your processes and where you have potential opportunities for improvement.
After completing the course you will have learned everything you need to know to be able to retrieve data from your Jira instance using the Enhanced Jira Query Tool and should feel confident and creating flow based analysis for your projects
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone interested in utilizing the EJQT tool for easier access to Jira’s data and/or deriving flow based metrics like cycle and lead time
With extensive software engineering experience, I have proven success in bridging the gap between business operations and technology across all levels of an organization. An expert in Agile transformation, development, and implementation, I excel in planning and delivering technology solutions for clients including the use of Scrum, Lean, and Kanban methodologies, tools, and practices. Organizations I’ve made a positive impact at include The New York Times, Warner Music, BillHighway, and Urban Science.
A few of my credentials include…
● Master of Business Administration
● Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
● Agile Certified Practitioner
● Google Cloud Engineering Certification
● Google Cloud Architecture Certification