- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Identify the importance developing an organizational perspective of people as an asset, which provides a unique competitive advantage for the organization in pursuing its strategic priorities.
- Explore the Expanded Boundaryless Talent Management (BTM) Model as a conceptual framework for managing the flow of talent through an organization.
- Discover how talent management processes can work with the flow of talent that enters, progresses through, and then exits the organization.
- No advanced preparation or prerequisites are required for this course.
In this course, we discuss how to create value from an intangible asset that is measured as head count cost on the organizational balance sheet. We start with a brief overview of how Talent Management is more than a process of identifying high potentials for leadership development programs.
This leads to a conversation about how a large proportion of the employee population has unrecognized talent that is underutilized. Then, we explore how to put into place mechanisms to help employees explore, discover, and release their potential for the benefit of the organization. This course challenges the narrow focus of traditional talent management processes and provides practical steps line managers and Human Resource Managers can take to increase the utilization of human potential within their organization.
If you would like Continuing Education Credit (e.g. CPE, CE, CPD, etc.) for this course, it is available if you take this course on the Illumeo dot com platform under course title: Talent Management and Succession Planning. Illumeo is certified to provide CPE in over two dozen different professional certifications covering finance, accounting, treasury, internal audit, HR, and more. However, in order to receive CPE credit the courses must be taken on an ‘approved-by-the-governing-body’ CPE platform, and for over two dozen corporate professional certifications, that is the Illumeo platform. Go to Illumeo dot com to learn more.
- Anyone interested in human resources, management, leadership, or related fields.