Take Control of Your Back Pain with Dr. Kurt Spurgin DC, PhD
What you'll learn
- Understand the basic anatomy of the lumbar spine
- Learn practical stretching and strengthening exercises for treating back pain at home
- Learn basic foam-rolling techniques for treating back pain
- Recognize red flags that indicate if something serious might be wrong with their back
- Understand the main causes of back pain and how to avoid them
- Learn practical tips for preventing back pain at home and work
- Learn basic lifting techniques
- Understand when X-rays and MRI are appropriate and how to put their results into context
- You should be able to use a PC at a beginner level
- You should have a desire to improve the health and fitness of your lower back
- Individuals of any fitness level can learn key concepts and do many of the exercises shown
- A few of the more advanced exercises require a modest level of mobility and fitness
Now is the time for you to take control over your back pain! Let Dr. Spurgin help you get there!
Learn from a true expert who understands and treats low back pain on a daily basis!
Dr. Kurt Spurgin has 19 years of hands-on clinical experience working with back pain patients as a Doctor of Chiropractic.
Dr. Spurgin has a PhD in Neuroscience and has intimate knowledge of pain and how the nervous system functions.
Dr. Spurgin is an experienced educator and has been teaching college-level courses in subjects such as Biology, Neuroscience, Immunology and Health Sciences for over 7 years!
This course represents more than two decades of training and experience in how to best understand and treat back pain.
Dr. Spurgin shows you that much of what you think you know about back pain is wrong and provides you with new ways to understand and treat back pain using the most current research. For example: Is R-I-C-E really the best approach for acute back pain? How do you know if your pain is due to something more serious? What does your MRI really tell you about the cause of your pain? Why does my back pain keep coming back? What can I do on a daily basis to take control of my back pain?
Reviews from Dr. Spurgin's students:
- "Dr. Spurgin he is most definitely one of the most dedicated, caring, and understanding professors I have ever had. His passion and enthusiasm is what made me attend class every day and take diligent notes"
- "Dr. Spurgin was an amazing professor who made the material much more interesting and easy to understand. Dr. Spurgin is by far one of the best teachers I have ever had, not just in college but in my entire academic career"
- "Great lectures, great professor, great video-style of teaching!"
- "Excellent professor! I liked how he always explained the material so clearly and you can tell he that he has much enthusiasm for the subject that he teaches."
- "An absolutely amazing teacher!"
- "I enjoyed this course, the professor was very enthusiastic and approachable"
- "Awesome Instructor! Teaches with passion and makes the subject matter interesting."
- "Professor Spurgin was a great professor who really demonstrated his passion for what he taught"
- "Dr. Spurgin is an amazing professor!"
- "Dr. Spurgin is a very inspirational and informative professor, especially if it is one's goal to enter the medical field. Due to his personal/work experiences he was able to create very relatable learning points that are forever memorable."
- "Dr. Spurgin was a very enthusiastic and enjoyable instructor."
- "I enjoyed this class a lot. I think you are an excellent teacher! I especially loved that you took real world examples from your clinic and brought them into the classroom."
- Dr. Spurgin is amazing so nice and smart and helpful"
- "I really enjoyed Dr. Spurgin's class. He genuinely is interested in the subject and is able to convey it with enthusiasm. 10/10 would definitely take another course by Dr. Spurgin and 10/10 would recommend him to anyone that's debating."
- "Excellent professor! One of the best professor's that I have had so far at UCR. His lectures were easy to follow and made studying the material a lot more bearable!"
Reviews from Dr. Spurgin's patients:
- "I have been having problems for years and none of my doctors could figure it out. Always giving me pain medications or telling me I need surgery. A friend recommended Dr. Spurgin and he helped me after one visit! He actually figured out what the problem was and I have been for 2 weeks and feel better than I ever have in years!" - Linda M
- "I always feel better after my Dr. Spurgin's treatments. He treats with the fewest possible visits - I never get the impression some people have about chiropractic that they keep having you come back. He solves the problem and gives me exercises and stretches to help prevent future issues. He is always willing to answer questions and educate me. I highly recommend Dr. Spurgin!" - MT
- "Dr. Kurt Spurgin is the best chiropractor I've ever been too. He has been healing my family for many years! If you have pain in your shoulder, neck, arm or leg pain go see Dr. Spurgin. I was ready to have back surgery & Dr. Spurgin said give me a few weeks...I did & my back is healed! He has healing hands! The staff are also awesome! If you're in pain go see Dr. Spurgin!" - Linda B.
- "A fantastic professional. He liberated me from.years of horrendous migraines. Hands-on and superb in his level of expertise. The best chiropractor one can hope for." - Jim S.
- "I wouldn't go anywhere else. Dr. Spurgin knows his stuff and goes above and beyond to help his patients get relief!"- Channing B.
- "Best chiropractor I've ever been to and I've seen many. Highly recommend this man and his office staff are good too." - Larry O.
Enroll today and TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR BACK PAIN with Dr. Spurgin!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn how to take control of their back pain.
- Anyone who has back pain or has a loved one who does
- Anyone who wants to learn practical tools from a highly educated and experienced doctor
Kurt Spurgin has a bachelor degree from UC Santa Barbara and a chiropractic doctorate from Southern California University of Health Sciences, where he graduated summa cum laude. Dr. Spurgin also earned a PhD in Neuroscience from UC RIverside. Dr. Spurgin has 19 years of clinical experience working with patients daily and has seven years of college-level teaching experience in subjects such as: neuroscience, immunology, cellular biology, and health sciences.