Tai Chi 7 Forms - Yang Style for Beginners
What you'll learn
- You will learn a simplified, easy to grasp, shortened version of Tai chi which is an ancient, soft form of martial arts known for its numerous health benefits.
- The 7 Forms Tai Chi is meditative and will help you to improve balance, stay healthy, happy, and calm in any situation.
- These forms will help lower your blood pressure, mend disturbed sleep patterns, boost energy levels, increase stamina and enhance cardiac and pulmonary fitness.
- You will find ease and flow in your physical body as well as in your mental and emotional states.
- You will be able to build your body’s capacity to channel your Qi/ Energy.
- Diligent practice will enable you to reconnect with your life Force
- The fluidic, slow, and gentle, movements of the Tai Chi forms will help you to prevent injuries.
- Regular practice will help deepen your breathing.
- You will be able to direct your energy towards creativity
- Anyone with an open mind who is looking for self- discovery, peace and tranquility in their lives can practice this.
- Even if you have no experience with any form of exercise, you can begin here, right now!
- All you need is a quiet space which can be in your home, a hotel room, a park or anywhere in Nature.
- remember to take it slow and easy. You can practice the 7 Forms of Yang Style Tai Chi anywhere, and at any time. It requires no specialised equipment.
Tai chi 7 Forms is a safe entry into health and vitality.
Tai chi puts minimal stress on muscles and joints making it safe for all ages and fitness levels. If you can walk, you can Taichi! Having said that, people with special conditions should consult a health care specialist and the Taichi instructor before starting any exercise. The slow-paced system of physical exercise and stretching flows gently from one posture to the next without pause, ensuring that your body is in constant motion. Taichi needs no special equipment and once you learn it, it can be practiced anywhere alone or in a group.
It is meditative and is also used to improve balance, lower blood pressure, mend disturbed sleep patterns, boost energy levels, increase stamina and enhance cardiac and pulmonary fitness. Originally developed for defence, Taichi today has evolved into a graceful, easy flowing form of exercise that could aptly be described as poetry in motion.
Taichi originated as an ancient Chinese tradition that, today, is practiced as a series of fluid movements performed in a slow, focused manner, accompanied by deep breathing. Tai chi 7 Forms is a series of coordinated body-posture and movements, breathing, and meditation used to promote health, spirituality, and prepare the body for Taichi. It is essentially the practice to cultivate and balance Qi or the "life energy" in our body.
Who this course is for:
- The 7 Forms Tai Chi can be learned by anyone regardless of age or physical, or mental condition. Regular practice, will relieve stress and help regain vitality.
- Anyone looking to improve health, and enhance Body, Mind and Spirit can benefit from it
- Balance is directly related to immunity. Therefore, as you gain more balance and stability, you also develop a better immune system!
ABOUT CICILY THOMAS
Certified Taiji Quan and Qigong Master, and Somatic Experiencing Practitioner
Creator of the "Vital Force Taichi Academy LLP', a mind and body wellness academy Cicily Thomas is a certified Taiji Quan and Qigong Master, trained in China by Grand Master Fu Sheng Yuan and Master Fu Qing Quan, representing the fifth and sixth generations of the Yang family. Cicily also honed her Qigong skills, training with several teachers including the renowned Dr Yang Jwing Ming in California.
Cicily is also a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP) based in India.
Her spiritual journey began more than 25 years ago through self-inquiry and a deep search for purpose and meaning for her very existence. For several years, she explored and practiced techniques including vipasana and zen. yoga, tai chi chuan, qigong, counselling, NLP, Gestalt Therapy, cranio-sacral Therapy, traditional Chinese as well as ayurvedic acupressure. She has drawn in the essence of ancient wisdom from these practices and blended them with the modern-day holistic healing approaches. For over two decades, she has been teaching tai chi chuan and qigong and, in the past fewyears, she has integrated Somatic Experiencing into her practice.
Tai Chi and Qigong
Cicily’s passion for health, wellness and vitality saw her establish the Vital Force Tai Chi Academy in Bangalore. Since 1998, she has been conducting Tai Chi and Qigong classes at four centers, imparting instruction to students of all ages and making a transformational change in their lives and lifestyles. The relaxing yet powerful movements of Tai Chi and the therapeutic benefits of Qigong have a restorative effect on all participants as they experience the balance and harmony resulting from a combination of breathing, aerobic and meditative exercises that teach one to embrace mind, body, soul and spirit.
Education and training
A graduate in Fine Arts from Stella Maris College, Chennai.
Cicily has completed a P.G. Diploma for Proficiency in Counselling from The United Theological College; the NLP Master Practitioner’s course; Gestalt Therapy with Dr. Richard P. McHugh; a postgraduate program in ‘Mothers, Babies and Children’ with Body Intelligence; and a postgraduate course in ‘Craniosacral Biodynamics: Deepening into practice - Coming to cause’ with the International Institute for Craniosacral Balancing.
Additionally, Cicily has completed a Teacher’s Training Course in Hatha Yoga and holds a Certificate in Acupressure Healing Science from the Acupressure Shodh Prashikshan Evam Upchar Sansthan in Allahabad, India.
Cicily has worked as a Commercial Attaché at the Indo-French Chamber of Commerce and taught French for over 15 years at The Alliance Française de Bangalore. She is also a coordinator for the French Association (Rencontres au Bout du Monde) in Sustainable Tourism.
Cicily has conducted sessions at multiple corporates over the years. A small list is presented below:Infosys
Dell, MediaTek, Wipro, Fuller Life