What you'll learn
- Understand your goal and make a concept in keeping with the product you are photographing.
- Select props that complement your subject and add context to your photograph.
- Use simple lighting tools to make your subject stand out in the photograph.
- Learn and apply simple post-processing techniques to bring your photographs to life.
- Camera with some degree of manual control over exposure (DSLR or mirrorless preferred);
- 1 or 2 speedlights or studio strobes (for the studio light sections).
- Simple grip equipment: a couple of light stands, A-clamps, etc.
- Post-processing software, such as Adobe Lightroom.or Photoshop Elements.
- Light meter (optional)
- (basic camera operation knowledge required)
In this course, we deal with one of the broadest fields in Photography: Tabletop.
We will walk you through four different shoots for four different types of subjects:
- Product (Necklace)
We've also included a workbook with examples and lighting schemes you can replicate and learn how to take your own tabletop photography to the next level, as well a workbook with photographs and an explanation of the lighting setups we used to achieve them.
Who this course is for:
- Beginning and intermediate photographers looking for simple tools to bring their tabletop photography to the next level.
- Anyone interested in tabletop photography.
Based in the north of Portugal, McGunnMedia is a commercial photography company that specializes in people and tabletop photography. We explore and document the rich culture within this beautiful country, promoting it abroad.
McGunnMedia draws on the multimedia experience of co-founders Anna Gunn and Filipe Martins, combining strengths to achieve the desired results.
Both Anna and Filipe also lecture in local Universities in the visual and audio areas of multimedia.