Tableau 2019 Desktop Training
What you'll learn
- Participants will gain Tableau Desktop knowledge necessary for successful Tableau workbook design, development, and adoption
- Some basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Tableau Desktop 2019 Installed (Tableau Public also works but has limitations)
- If you don't have access to 2019, I'll also host 2018 project files that you may download
*** This course includes LIFETIME access, plus downloadable project files, 1-on-1 instructor support, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee ***
If you're looking for a complete, hands-on guide to learning Tableau Desktop 2019, look no further.
Tableau is the gold standard when it comes to self-service business intelligence tools and has been reshaping the way organizations think about and use their data. With Tableau, you're able to quickly build beautiful and interactive dashboards that are easily shared across your organization.
You: Thanks. I already know Tableau is ridiculously awesome, but how will I quickly get up to speed on it so I can start adding additional value in my role?
Rob: Glad you asked!
I've broken out this course into three main areas of focus:
The first section will lay the foundation for your Tableau learning journey.
Tableau Software Overview and Product Line
Understand Tableau & Data Visualization
Pros and Cons
Connecting to Data
Tour the interface
The second section (Tableau Reference Guide Build) will be hands-on Tableau Chart building to get you better acquainted with using Tableau
Discrete vs Continuous
Bar in Bar
Chart Sorting & Filtering
Top N & Bottom N
Optimization and Best Practices
All vs Only Relevant Values
Stacked Bar (proportional)
Table Heat Map
3. The final section (course project) will provide a REAL WORLD use case where you will be solely responsible for creating a final deliverable in Tableau. This is no out of the box Orange and Blue stock dashboard. This is something you'd be proud to leverage to make decisions at your company.
THE COURSE PROJECT:
In this course, you'll be playing the role of Lead Tableau Consultant for DesignLaunch, a global design firm that advises entrepreneurs on production innovation. They specialize in advising their clients on fund raising platforms like Kickstarter. Their mission is to optimize future campaign success rates using historical campaign data.
Your task? To design and deliver a professional-quality, end-to-end business intelligence solution, using Tableau armed only with a single csv file
But don't worry, I'll be guiding you through the ins-and-outs of Tableau Desktop, sharing practical knowledge, clear explanations and helpful best practices each step of the way. We'll follow a steady, systematic progression through the Tableau project build out which covers in depth.
COURSE PROJECT KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
Design best practices
Sizing, Fit, Formatting, Coloring
Mark Card Mastery!
Containers and Dashboard Objects
Viz In Tooltip
Totals & Sub Totals
Tiled vs Floating
Interactive Help Icon/Logo
Filters / Sorts / Actions
Top N & Bottom N
Level of Detail
By the end of the DesignLaunch project, not only will you have developed an entire business intelligence tool from the ground up, but you will have gained the knowledge and confidence to apply these same concepts to your own real-world analyses.
You will have two deliverables at your fingertips for future reference:
1) Tableau Reference Guide (learn to create the most important charts, from scratch)
2) DesignLaunch Kickstarter Project (leverage this template for your own project work)
Whether you're a casual user, aspiring analyst, or data geek, this course will give you the tools you need to become an absolute Tableau Desktop DATA ROCKSTAR -- guaranteed.
Join today and get immediate, lifetime access to the following:
Downloadable project files
Practical real-world Tableau exercises & quizzes
1-on-1 expert support
Course Q&A forum
30-day money-back guarantee
See you in there!
-Rob (Founder, tableauhq & tableautrainghq)
Who this course is for:
- You should take this course if want to learn Tableau Desktop completely from scratch
- Someone looking to develop professional, enterprise grade dashboards
- Beginners who want to learn the RIGHT way of building dashboards
- Users who would like a course that provides hands on Tableau Desktop training
- Those that enjoy real Tableau project build efforts
My name is Rob Davis and I am super-excited that you're here!
I teach courses in two distinct Business areas: SAP Business Intelligence, and Tableau. I want you to be confident that I can deliver the best training there is, so below is some of my background in these fields.
SAP Business Intelligence & Tableau
Professionally, I am a Business Intelligence consultant with over 15 years of experience in insurance, manufacturing, finance, healthcare, utilities, higher ed, and public sector. I was trained by the best analytics mentors at Accenture and today I leverage SAP BI/BW/BO and Tableau to drive business strategy, revamp customer experience and revolutionize existing operational processes.
From my courses you will straight away notice how I combine my real-life experience and academic background to deliver professional step-by-step coaching in the space of Business Intelligence. I am also passionate about helping others and love to see each and every one of my students succeed.
To sum up, I am absolutely and utterly passionate about both Business Intelligence and I am looking forward to sharing my passion and knowledge with you!