Tableau Fundamentals for Beginners Crash Course 2022
What you'll learn
- What is Tableau and why to use tableau
- Learn To download and install Tableau
- Learn to load data in Tableau
- Learn To connect to different data file types, such as excel, csv, pdf, web data
- Learn to join data
- Learn To use different chart types to represent their data, such as bar chart, pie chart, scatter plot, and histogram
- Learn To use different visual analytics tools, such as creation of sets and groups, hierarchy, parameters, clusters, time series and forecasting, trend lines, f
- Learn to work with spatial files, join spatial files, create heatmaps and do custom geocoding
- Learn to do different kinds of calculations with the data, such as table calculation, Level of detail expressions, string and date calculation
- The creation and formatting of dashboards
- The creation of storyboard with user created views
- No programing experience needed
- Basic Computing Skills
- Basic knowledge of visual analytics and visualization
Over hundreds of companies today have data struggles but Tableau has brought amazing solutions to all their problems in one place. This course prepares an individual, with little to no prior knowledge of programming or any technical skills, into becoming an expert user of Tableau software.
This course turns you into a professional so that you can add it as a plus to your resume, making it stand out, and also demanding a competitive salary in the marketplace! Doesn’t this sound like it would be a dream come true?
Here you get to learn all the foundational skills and how to apply them. In this course, we walk gradually from the introductory level to the advanced, creation of visualization level.
This course teaches you
- How to connect to different data sources and joining and blending the data
- Usage of a variety of graphs and various visual analytics tools, such as
- Building hierarchies
- Sets and Group making and parameters
- Spatial files and joining them
- Make different types of calculations
- Create dashboards and storyboards, so that you can professionally present your data.
Working with Tableau is absolutely interesting and has a very simple, friendly, drag and drop interface. There are also quizzes for each section in this course and a capstone project at the end, so that all knowledge imparted in this course can be revised once again.
So what are you waiting for … Get Started Now!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to use Tableau for data analytics and visualization
- Teams getting started with or working on Tableau analytics projects
SkillCurb is in the business of making an impact through creating easy to understand cutting edge technology courses at affordable prices. We are proud to have our co-instructors from around the world that are certified and have years of practical experience working for the fortune 500 companies build quality courses for our students.
We focus on the next generation of technology platforms that will prepare our workforce for what's next to come in the future and secure a job in this competitive market.
One of our goals is to set aside part of our revenues to charitable causes that focus on providing education to under-privileged students.
Some of the key differentiators of our online courses:
1: Our instructors are passionate about technology and have been teaching on average for more than 10 years individually.
2: We make sure that our Practical Labs in the courses are the center of focus where students can learn to implement real-life use cases necessary to succeed at work.
3: All our courses have Capstone projects in the end where students can apply the skills learnt during the course and create awesome projects which can be showcased on their resumes and interviews.
4: All our lectures have Quizzes in the end which forces the student to start applying the key principles learnt.
5: We make sure that all complex ideas are broken down and Visually Explained for the students rather than showing them long winded text which at times is hard to conceptualize.
6: We make sure that our instructors communicate clearly and are highly proficient in delivering lectures in English.
7: We also try to add extra material for the students that they can use for future reference i.e interview questions with answers and additional coding challenges with solutions.