Learn Tableau Desktop for Accurate Business Analysis
- A basic PC or Mac setup - preferably with Tableau Desktop already installed (however instructions to do this are also included in this course).
Let's decide if this course is right for you.
- Have you recently started, or are you planning to start, using Tableau Desktop in your business?
- Are you looking to quickly build your skills in Tableau Desktop?
- Are you looking for Tableau Desktop skills that can be immediately put to use in analysing your business?
If you answered ‘yes’ to these questions, then this course is for you!
This course will give you the skills you need to jump straight in to using Tableau Desktop in your business.
Presented in a business context and working step-by-step through an instructor-led case study, this course goes beyond simply teaching the functions of Tableau Desktop. This course uses real-world business problems to give you 10 core skills that business users should have when using Tableau Desktop.
The 10 Tableau Desktop core skills covered by this course are:
Bar & Line Charts
Dual Axis Charts
Crosstabs and calculations
An additional “Bonus Round” provides some more advanced skill development in formatting data, blending data, creating custom design elements and using responsive dashboard elements to build more sophisticated dashboards.
In addition to the video lectures and supporting notes, you will receive a range of workbooks and additional tools that you can use again and again. These tools and templates have been developed and tested over many years of consulting to organisations of all sizes using Tableau Desktop.
- This course is designed for business users who want to quickly develop a set of core Tableau Desktop skills that can be put to immediate use in analyzing their business.
- Students may or may not have had 'hands-on' experience with Tableau Desktop - this course caters for those just beginning their Tableau journey, through to those who have already started exploring Tableau Desktop.
- Are you ready to make USD$100,000 a year?00:16
- Welcome and Introductions03:51
- Getting set up with Tableau07:40
- Getting started with a simple dataset09:47
- Quiz3 questions
- Click here to download sample data files used throughout this course00:01
- Time to Share01:31
- Summary and Next Steps02:16
- Formatting data00:07
- Blending data00:07
- Putting theory into practice!02:43
Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Jane and I want to help you make your business a true success.
I make sense of data and I want to make it easy for you to do that too.
Join the rapidlly growing number of students worldwide who have taken the next step in their analytics adventures!
I have extensive experience in leading business improvement initiatives whilst holding senior management positions across a range of industries, within both the public and private sectors.
In 2012, I established my own business intelligence consulting firm to help organisations better see and understand their data, utilising cutting-edge technology and data visualisation techniques. I'm a Tableau Qualified Associate, and one Tableau Software's first Alliance Partners in Australia.
I have real-world experience - underpinned by Bachelor and Master Degree foundations - which can help you identify, address and improve performance across all areas of your business.
I've amassed a wealth of knowledge and strategies which I have consolidated to bring you a collection of tools, tips and techniques to help you make better, data driven decisions for your business and boost your confidence when it comes to all things 'data'!