Learn Tableau Desktop for Accurate Business Analysis
- A basic PC or Mac setup - preferably with Tableau Desktop already installed (however instructions to do this are also included in this course).
Let's decide if this course is right for you.
- Have you recently started, or are you planning to start, using Tableau Desktop in your business?
- Are you looking to quickly build your skills in Tableau Desktop?
- Are you looking for Tableau Desktop skills that can be immediately put to use in analysing your business?
If you answered ‘yes’ to these questions, then this course is for you!
This course will give you the skills you need to jump straight in to using Tableau Desktop in your business.
Presented in a business context and working step-by-step through an instructor-led case study, this course goes beyond simply teaching the functions of Tableau Desktop. This course uses real-world business problems to give you 10 core skills that business users should have when using Tableau Desktop.
The 10 Tableau Desktop core skills covered by this course are:
Bar & Line Charts
Dual Axis Charts
Crosstabs and calculations
An additional “Bonus Round” provides some more advanced skill development in formatting data, blending data, creating custom design elements and using responsive dashboard elements to build more sophisticated dashboards.
In addition to the video lectures and supporting notes, you will receive a range of workbooks and additional tools that you can use again and again. These tools and templates have been developed and tested over many years of consulting to organisations of all sizes using Tableau Desktop.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for business users who want to quickly develop a set of core Tableau Desktop skills that can be put to immediate use in analyzing their business.
- Students may or may not have had 'hands-on' experience with Tableau Desktop - this course caters for those just beginning their Tableau journey, through to those who have already started exploring Tableau Desktop.
My passion is developing and nurturing lifelong data literacy.
I am the creator of Databilities® - the pioneering framework to measure, map and develop data literacy across the globe. As founder of Data To The People, I am a consultant, author, teacher, and advocate of data literacy worldwide. I sit on the Advisory Board for the Data Literacy Project - a group of respected visionaries brought together to further the awareness and development of data literacy globally.
My vision for data literacy reaches everyone: from school-aged children to corporate CEOs, government and NGO leaders, and academics across every discipline.
It is my mission to build and nurture data literacy across all communities and ready our world for the data-driven revolution.