Tabla for Beginners - Part 3
What you'll learn
- How to play the 10 beat Taal Zaptaal and use it in songs
- How to play 12 beat Taal Ektaal and its uses
- How to play TakaTage and Kidanaga
- Will be able to confidently play a Tukada, Tihaai and a Mukhada in Teentaal
- You should have completed the Tabla for Beginners - Part 1 & 2 course or should know some basic syllables
- Should have a Tabla drum set
Hello and Welcome to this course where I take you through the basics of tabla - the Classical percussion instrument from India.
This course is useful for beginners or for refreshing the basics if you have played tabla before. The simple step by step instructions will ensure that anyone from age 9 to 90 will be able to play this instrument with ease.
In this course, we will learn 2 taals - Taal Zaptaal and Taal Ektaal. We will understand how they are played, how they are used to accompany different songs and a few variations in each of them. I will introduce you to more words in tabla - the TakaTage and Kidanaga.
In this course, you will also be introduced to three composition types - Tukada, Tihaai and Mukhada. You will build a lot of confidence in playing these along with songs to make the accompanying more artistic.
I have over 50 active students from various countries including India, US, UK, Australia, Canada, France and others. Through this online teaching experience, I have created a set of tips and tricks along with a step by step flow that helps learning tabla without having to be physically present with the teacher. In a special sections I will talk about how to make the most of your practice sessions as well as remain motivated in the journey of Tabla.
At the end of this course, you will get the confidence to move to exploring the next and more complex stages of playing tabla.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners starting out to learn the tabla
- Beginners who would like to understand how to accompany songs
- Beginners in Indian classical music
- Percussion enthusiasts who would like to understand the Indian classical percussion instrument
- People who would like to use music to reduce stress by grooving to self created beats
- Music enthusiasts who would like to develop their understanding of beats and tempo
I am a Tabla Visharad (Graduate) from the Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya. I have been playing the tabla since the past 30 years and teaching online since the past 10 years using Skype sessions. I have over 50 active students from various countries including India, US, UK, Australia, Canada, France and others. Through this online teaching experience, I have created a set of tips and tricks along with a step by step flow that helps learning tabla without having to be physically present with the teacher.