T-Shirt Design Workshop 01: Foundation
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand how t-shirt design ideas are conceived.
- Choose the best combination of fabric, inks, dyes, and washes to make more exciting designs.
- Choose specialty inks and printing methods to create unique designs.
- Choose the right type of color separation for their graphics.
- Know how direct-to-garment (DTG), dye sublimation, and screen printing methods work.
- A passion for design and t-shirts will help! Otherwise, there is no other specific knowledge necessary.
Learning the possibilities and options you have when creating a t-shirt design is an essential investment in becoming a professional t-shirt designer. In this workshop, we'll go over all the ingredients that go into a t-shirt design. Let's get started!
In this course we will cover:
- Every t-shirt design should have a story behind it
- The history of the graphic t-shirt
- What makes a good t-shirt design
- The varieties of t-shirts and fabric
- Garment dyes and garment washes
- Alternative printing methods like Direct to Garment (DTG) and Dye Sublimation
- Oversize and allover printing techniques
- How the different kinds of color separation work
- Varieties of screen printing ink
- Specialty inks and printing methods that will set your designs apart
- Supplies needed to screen print a t-shirt
- We will finish off with a demonstration showing how you can screen print a t-shirt - even at home!
- This workshop is for all levels of people interested in learning about t-shirt design. No prior software knowledge is necessary. Unlike my other courses, this workshop does not include intermediate or advanced instruction using design software like Photoshop or Illustrator. This course does not have step-by-step graphic design or software tutorials. It does, however, cover a wide range of topics that provide context and essential knowledge for anyone wanting to become a professional t-shirt graphic designer.
Every t-shirt design has a story behind it. This section will give you a behind-the-scenes explanation of the inspiration, thought process, art techniques, collaborations, and printing techniques that went into creating select graphics.