Systematic Literature Review : A Practical Guide
What you'll learn
- Step by Step guide to conduct Systematic Reviews
- How to Develop Systematic Review Protocol
- Where to Register Review Protocol
- Developing Review Question - PICO, PEO, SPIDER
- Conducting Comprehensive Literature Search - Boolean Operators
- Quality of Evidences - GRADE Framework
- Synthesizing Systematic Review Results - Classification Mechanism
- Publishing Systematic Review Results
- Understanding of Basic Research Terminologies
- Basic Statistics
- Prior knowledge of research methods and statistics
- Familiarity with academic writing and publishing
- Proficiency with research databases and data analysis software.
The core purpose of this course is to introduce students about 'How to perform Systematic Literature Review". The course will introduce quantitative and qualitative methods to perform systematic literature reviews, meta-analysis and also provide practical guidelines for publishing systematic reviews. This course consist of seven sections and include contents starting from protocol development, designing research question, conducting literature search, inclusion and exclusion criteria and presentation of results. Moreover, its covers multiple frameworks like PICO, SPIDER and PEO. Furthermore, this systematic literature review covers the guidelines of PRISMA. This course will cover examples from multiple disciplines to enhance participants understanding about systematic review process.
It is expected that at the end of this course, students will be able to answer following questions:
1. What is systematic reviews and meta-analysis?
2. How to conduct comprehensive literature review?
3. How to use Boolean Operators to conduct systematic reviews?
4. What is the difference between PICO, SPIDER and PEO?
5. Developing research questions using PICO, SPIDER and PEO criteria.
6. How to report findings of systematic reviews?
7. How to conduct systematic reviews in social sciences, clinical trials and sciences?
8. Conducting Evidence of Quality - GRADE Framework
9. How to publish systematic reviews?
#Systematic#Literature#Review*#SLR#Meta-analysis#PICO#SPIDER#Shakil#ResearchMentor #Publications #Manuscript #Impactfactor #Research #PEO #Boolean #Protocoldevelopment #Literaturereview
Who this course is for:
- Research Scholars, Students, Policy Makers, Teaching faculty, Academicians
- Early Career Researchers, Research Groups
- PhD scholars and Graduate Students
- Researchers who are looking to conduct a comprehensive literature review and synthesize existing research on a particular topic can benefit from this course
- Graduate students who are pursuing a master's or PhD degree and need to conduct a systematic literature review as part of their thesis or research project can benefit from this course.
- Health professionals, such as doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals, can benefit from this course as they often need to review existing research to inform clinical practice.
Dr. Muhammad Shakil Ahmad is an accomplished academic and researcher in the field of management. With a Ph.D. in Management from the University Technology Malaysia, he brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise in human resource management and project management. Dr. Ahmad's passion for education and research is evident through his extensive teaching experience at prestigious institutions in different universities.
Throughout his career, Dr. Ahmad has made significant contributions to academia. He has published numerous research papers in peer-reviewed journals, including well-regarded publications such as the Journal of Knowledge Management, Leadership & Organization Development, and the Journal of Intellectual Capital. His research focuses on various areas, including workplace dignity, servant leadership, sustainable healthcare management systems, and organizational sustainability through innovation.
In addition to his teaching and research roles, Dr. Ahmad has held key leadership positions. He served as the In-charge of the Office of Research Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC) at COMSATS University Islamabad, where he worked closely with senior management to establish research goals and oversee the development of junior faculty. He has also been actively involved in academic councils and boards, further contributing to the advancement of higher education.
Dr. Ahmad's dedication to research and his ability to secure grants for important projects demonstrate his commitment to making a positive impact in society. He has successfully secured grants from organizations such as the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research of Oman and the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. These grants have supported his research endeavors, including projects focused on economic vision, healthcare management systems, and online learning readiness.
With his extensive academic and professional background, Dr. Muhammad Shakil Ahmad is highly regarded in the field of management. His expertise, research contributions, and leadership experience make him an ideal instructor and mentor for individuals seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills in management.
Few of his publications are as follow:
Systematic Literature Reviews:
1. Tariq, S. , Jan, F. A. , Ahmad, M. S. (2016) “Green Employee Empowerment: A Systematic Literature Review on State-of-art in Green Human Resource Management”, Quality and Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, 50(1), 237-269
2. Ahmad, M. S. (2019) Parenting styles and aggression among young adolescents: a systematic review of literature. Community Mental Health Journal
3. Ahmad, M. S. (2015), Parenting styles and academic achievement of young adolescents: A systematic literature review, Quantity and Quality
Ahmad, M. S. et al. (2020), “Using food choice motives to model Pakistani ethnic food purchase intention among tourists”, British Food Journal, 22(6), 1731-1753
Memon, M., Ting, H. & Ahmad, M. S. (2020) “Performance Appraisal Satisfaction and Turnover Intention: The Mediating Role of Work Engagement”, Management Decision, 58 (6), 1053-1066
Faisal, A., Ahmad, M.S. (2019), “Health Practitioners interaction with Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives: Impact on Prescription Behaviour”, Community Mental Health Journal, 56, 456–463
Cho, K. W., Brower, R., & Ahmad, M. S. (2018). Factors that Influence County Government Expenditures and Revenues: A Study of Florida County Governments. Lex localis-Journal of Local Self-Government, 16(1), 47-76.
Zahid, M. M., Ali, B., Ahmad, M. S., Ramayah, T., “Factors Affecting Purchase Intention and Social Media Publicity of Green Products: The Mediating Role of Concern for Consequences”, Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 25(3), 225-236
Ahmad, M. S., Abu Talib, Noraini (2017), “Barriers to empowerment: Assessment of community-led local development organizations in Pakistan, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 74, 1361–1370
Uzma, T; Ahmad, M.S. (2017) “Impact of Islamic Work Ethics on organizational Citizenship Behavior among Female Academic Staff: The mediating role of employee engagement”, Applied Research in Quality of Life, 12(3), 693-717
Wahab, A. , Ahmad, M. S. (2017), “Student Well-Being in Chinese Adolescents in Hong Kong: Theory, Intervention and Research”, Applied Research in Quality of Life, 12(3), 761-763
Bhutto, A.W., Ahmad, M. S. (2017), “Forecasting the consumption of gasoline in transport sector in Pakistan based on ARIMA model”, Environmental Progress and Sustainable Energy, 36: 1490–1497
Khalid, S., Ahmad, M. S., Jadoon, I. K, Bilal, S.,Farooq,, N., “Exploring Resources, Life-balance and Wellbeing of Women who work in a Global Context, Applied Research in Quality of Life, 12 (4), 1029-1031
Ahmad, M. S., Abu Talib, Noraini (2016), “Analysis of community empowerment on projects sustainability: Moderating role of sense of community”, Social Indicators Research, 129 (3), 10391056 9.
Ahmad, R., Azmi, N., Ahmad, M. S. (2016), “Effect of Multidimensional Top Management Support on Project Success: An Empirical investigation”, Quality and Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, 50(1), 151-176
Masud, Hamid, Ahmad, M. S., Jan, F. A. , Jamil., A. (2016) “Relationship between parenting styles and academic performance of adolescents: mediating role of self-efficacy.” Asia Pacific Education Review, 17, 121-131
He is also member of several societies and associations of worldwide repute including; American Society of Public Administration (ASPA); Community of Inquiry Framework, University of Calgary, Canada; Associate Regional Director at International Institute of Marketing Professionals, Canada.