System Design using Verilog
What you'll learn
- Verilog coding for digital circuits
After completion of this course learners will be able to:
(1) Understand the concepts design metrics which are to be optimized by a design engineer
(2) Understand the concepts of IC design technology
(3) Understand the implementation of logic using Fixed Function IC Technology, Full Custom ASIC Technology, and Semi-Custom ASIC Technology
(4) Understand the advantages and disadvantages of implementation of logic using Fixed Function IC Technology, Full Custom ASIC Technology, and Semi-Custom ASIC Technology
(5) Understand the concept of implementation of logic in PLDs
(6) Understand the concept of implementation of logic in FPGA
(7) Understand the IC design flow
(8) Understand the role of HDL in system design
(9) Understand the concepts of various Verilog language constructs
(10) Understand various operators and their uses in Verilog coding
(11) Understand how to use Xilinx software for writing a Verilog code
(12) Understand how to use Xilinx software for simulating a Verilog code
(13) Understand how to use Xilinx software for implementing a Verilog code
(14) Implement combinational logic by using behavioral modeling style
(15) Implement combinational logic by using dataflow modeling style
(16) Implement combinational logic by using structural modeling style
(17) Implement sequential logic by using behavioral modeling style
(18) Implement sequential logic by using dataflow modeling style
(19) Implement sequential logic by using structural modeling style
(20) Implement logic by using mos transistors
Who this course is for:
- Students who are interested to write and simulate verilog codes written for combinational and sequential circuits
Dr. Yogesh Misra, BE (Electronics), ME (Electronics & Communication Engineering), and Ph.D., has a passion for teaching. He is having 24 years of teaching and industrial experience. He is currently working as a Professor in the NBA accredited Electronics & Communication Engineering Department of GMR Institute of Technology, Rajam (Autonomous NAAC “A” Grade Institution) affiliated to JNTU, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, India. All the seven programs offered by GMR Institute of Technology are accredited by NBA. GMR Institute of Technology is ranked 188 at the national level by NIRF, MHRD, New Delhi in July 2022.
Dr. Misra switched to academics in the year 2003 and worked in KL University, Andhra Pradesh, Mody University, Rajasthan, and BRCM College of Engineering and Technology, Haryana. He worked in Automatic Electronic Control System (a sugar mill automation company) as an Engineer (Installation & Commissioning) for many years.
He has conducted a number of workshops for the students/faculties on topics Interfacing and Programming of Arduino, Circuit Designing using PSPICE OrCAD, PCB Designing & Fabrication, Application of VHDL in System Design, Microprocessor and Microcontroller Programming, VLSI Embedded Computing.
He has delivered expert lectures in different institutes on topics Interfacing and Programming of Arduino, Embedded System Design, IC Manufacturing, FPGA Architecture and Application, Fuzzy Logic and its Applications and Motivating youth for Entrepreneurship. He has delivered lectures in AICTE-ISTE Refresher programs and UGC-sponsored seminars.
He has published more than 30 research papers and the majority of his papers are in the field of VLSI design, soft computing, and embedded systems.
He has authored three books titled Programming and Interfacing with Arduino from CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group in 2021, Digital System Design using VHDL from Dhanpat Rai Publication Co. in 2006, and Application of fuzzy logic in sugar mill from Lambert Academic Publishing in 2017.
Dr. Misra declared one of the toppers in the “Microprocessors and Microcontrollers” Course conducted by NPTEL, IIT Kharagpur.