Essential Tools for Windows System Administrators
What you'll learn
- Learn Essential tools for efficient system administration
- Full of hands-on instructions, interesting and illustrative examples, clear explanations
- Learn an important and mandatory skill for Windows Server Administration
- Introduction to Windows PowerShell scripting
- Understand Windows Tools such as Task Scheduler, Event Viewer & Task Manager using real world scenarios
- Disk Space Troubleshooting using Freeware Tool TreeSize
- Learn Syncovery | A File Synchronization and Backup Management Software
- PC/Laptop installed with Windows OS. You should be able to use PC/laptop comfortably.
- Some basic understanding of command line (Win CMD/Unix Shell) will help quickly picking up
This course is designed to take system administrators to an advanced level and make them more efficient at their work.
Syncovery: The super versatile sync, copy, move, and backup tool
About the tool, Site Tour & Installation
Creating a Syncovery Profile For Local Backup
Creating a Syncovery Profile for Cloud Backup
Advanced Settings & Customization Options Available in Syncovery
Windows Event Viewer
Event Viewer is a component of Microsoft's Windows NT operating system that lets administrators and users view the event logs on a local or remote machine.
The Event Viewer uses event IDs to define the uniquely identifiable events that a Windows computer can encounter. For example, when a user's authentication fails, the system may generate Event ID 672.
Windows NT 4.0 added support for defining "event sources" (i.e. the application which created the event) and performing backups of logs.
Windows 2000 added the capability for applications to create their own log sources in addition to the three system-defined "System", "Application", and "Security" log files. Windows 2000 also replaced NT4's Event Viewer with a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in.
Windows Task Scheduler
Task Scheduler is a job scheduler in Microsoft Windows that launches computer programs or scripts at pre-defined times or after specified time intervals. Microsoft introduced this component in Microsoft.
The Task Scheduler service works by managing Tasks; Task refers to the action (or actions) taken in response to a trigger(s). A task is defined by associating a set of actions, which can include launching an application or taking some custom-defined action, to a set of triggers, which can either be time-based or event-based.
Windows Task Manager
ask Manager, previously known as Windows Task Manager, is a task manager, system monitor, and startup manager included with Microsoft Windows
Who this course is for:
- System Administrator who want to use PowerShell as tool to use in daily life
- Aspirants seeking carrier in IT System Administration
- Anyone who is working in IT and uses Windows Operating System
- Professionals who are planning to use PowerShell for integrating/automate other products
- Students seeking a carrier in IT System Administration
Vijay is an IT professional who has diversified knowledge across multiple domains in the industry. Working in a leading cloud service provider company, he has truly shown potential in automating small to large scale automation which truly resulted in cost benefits for the business and a successful carrier.
Vijay has a vast knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Cloud Technologies, DBMS, Python, and specialization in automation using PowerShell.
He loves to teach from very beginning and Udemy is the platform that helps him in continuation of the same passion.
Pooja is an experienced IT professional and she likes to simplify the complex and deep technical concepts and teach them an easy and understandable way.
Pooja has a vast knowledge of PowerShell, Python, Data Science and specialization in Azure Cloud.
She loves to teach from the very beginning and Udemy is the platform that helps her in continuation of the same spirit. She is looking forward to training at least 50,00 students on this platform