Symfony 5 - The complete Guide for Beginners
What you'll learn
- You will develop a fully functional, real-world website in Symfony
- You learn how to install and set up Symfony and your development environment
- You get to know all core components and the project structure of the framework
- You learn how to use the Symfony Console, Composer as well as Symfony Flex
- You get to know routes
- You get to know controllers
- You learn views in Symfony with the Twig template engine
- You learn everything about Doctrine ORM (how to connect to a database)
- You will learn more about the configuration of Symfony using practical examples
- You will learn entities (models) in Symfony and the relations between entities
- You learn to present and manage your projects with the Symfony Server
- You get to know the Symfony Toolbar Profiler
- You learn about service containers and services in Symfony
- You will be able to create your own web application or microservice in the Symfony framework
- You learn about the security concepts in Symfony (login, registration)
- You get to know the user administration
- You will learn debugging of Symfony applications
- You learn how to send emails
- You learn to simplify the most important database actions with CRUD
- You learn to set up your own administration backend with Easyadmin
- You learn to create your own SQL database queries with the Query Builder
- Basic knowledge of PHP and HTML
- Windows, Ubuntu or Mac
- Development environment or a code editor like Visual Studio Code
Welcome to the Symfony course for beginners! In this course you will learn how to use the powerful PHP framework Symfony 5. If you want to learn everything from the basics, to advanced topics, to stand-alone implementation of complex web applications in Symfony, this course is for you.
Not only can you build websites with Symfony, the framework is also great for developing microservices, APIs, mobile backends or highly complex web application with and without frontend.
In 7 hours you will learn step by step how to set up and implement your own projects. The course starts completely from 0, you should only have basic knowledge in PHP and HTML.
In the first part we will do all the necessary preparations to set up your development environment. (PHP 7+, MySQL, XAMPP, Visual Studio Code..) Furthermore I will show you helpful tools and software for the development. After that you will learn the project structure and how to use the console.
In the next part you will get to know all core components of Symfony. Controllers, routing, views, Twig, Doctrine and much more will be explained with a practical example and used live. After that you are ready for the web project.
The main part is the largest part of the course with more than 4 hours of content. Here you will implement a complete web application from the first to the last line of code. Besides the core components, you will learn more about forms, file upload, relationships, security, sending emails, Bootstrap frontend, databases and much more. As a bonus, at the end there is another chapter on advanced Symfony topics that cover the most important additions. With this knowledge, you can extend your Symfony projects as much as you want.
By the end of this course you will be able to create both simple websites and complex dynamic web applications using the great PHP framework Symfony.
Let's get started right away! :)
Who this course is for:
- PHP developers with basic knowledge who want to develop complex web applications with Symfony
- Developers with no or some knowledge about another PHP framework
- Developers who want to learn Symfony quickly and easily direct to the point
- All those interested in the creation of modern web applications and websites
Hallo! Mein Name ist Fabian Heihoff, ich bin studierter Wirtschaftsinformatiker und bringe langjährige Erfahrung als Web- und PHP Entwickler mit. Mittlerweile liegt mein Fokus vor allem auf der Entwicklung von React, Symfony, und Electron Web und Desktopapplikationen. Darüber hinaus gehört die Erstellung von Shopware Websites inklusive selbst entwickelter Erweiterungen ebenfalls zu meinem Spezialgebiet.
Hello! My name is Fabian Heihoff, I studied computer science and economics and bring many years of experience as a web and PHP developer. Meanwhile my focus is mainly on the development of React, Symfony and Electron web and desktop applications. In addition, the creation of Shopware websites including self-developed extensions is also one of my specialties.