iOS Code Review. Reviewing Apples Sample Code.
- Basic knowledge of iOS
Learn From One Of The 1st iOS Developers In The World
Our instructor Matt, has 13 years of experience in iOS and created the world's first iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch apps. Now, he dedicates his time recording courses for iOSBFree (pronounced "iOS Be Free").
In This Course
1. We examine two Xcode projects: From Apple and also online
2. We search for code enhancements
3. We lookout for code smells (code that looks like trouble in some way)
4. Try to spot code that breaks layered architecture design principles
· How to review an Xcode project
· How to look for code smells
· How to preserve layered architecture
· How to check the imported frameworks for architectural clues
· Why we don't use FatalError() in commercial projects
· Why we don't force unwrap optionals in commercial projects
Layered Architecture vs Spaghetti Code
Together, we’ll investigate two sample projects looking to enhance the code whilst searching for any areas that could break a layered architecture design. When constructing a solution using a layered tier system is a must in terms of design as it provides order and structure. And remember that without this kind of infrastructure our tools would consist of an unordered collection of files all communicating with each other in a very difficult manner to follow or understand. i.e. like a ball of tangled spaghetti.
Sample Code Is Always Included and attached to each video. You can download the exact same project used in each episode of the course.
This Course Is Free
This course is free. We aim to publish as many short courses as we can to help new iOS Developers apply for jobs in iOS and enter a high paying profession. We want those developers to write great and amazing apps that are robust, work correctly and are also maintainable too. By supplying this information for free we hope we can reach as many people studying in the pandemic as we can.
Our Service (iOSBFree Ltd)
We are a unique career-building service sharing over 13 years of successful experience shaping the iOS industry into what it is today. Our completely unique information, point-of-view and service can be utilised to build highly successful and profitable careers in iOS.
A Career In iOS
iOS developers are the most sought after developers in the world! They can earn over £100,000 per year, work remotely and B in high demand for their skills! Subscribe to our YouTube channel and let us reveal all our insider secrets completely for free.
What We Teach
Career building, CV writing, interviewing skills, industry secrets, industry stories, real-life experience, iOS fundamentals, ARC memory management, Swift, architecture and best engineering practices.
Please show your support by enrolling in our course!
What Is SwiftUI?
SwiftUI is a newly released UI Framework introduced to iOS. It aims to solve a lot of problems with apps, such as running on all platforms, reducing bugs, improving stability and bringing more developers to iOS - because it's easier to write apps!
Learning SwiftUI is an absolute must for any iOS developer looking to develop a career over the next 5 years.
Check out our Instructor profile (just briefly) and glance over Matt's incredible unparalleled experience. After 13 years of specialising in iOS, he created a company helping people build their own successful and profitable careers in iOS too.
Our completely unique information cannot be found anywhere else on any platform. We not only teach code, syntax and architecture but we provide tried & tested strategies to BOOST your career forwards and build a better life!
Want To Learn More Topics?
Please send us an email with the topic you would like to learn in a swift playground and we will happily record, edit and publish it for you. Absolutely for free. Simply email community@iOSBFree.com with the subject heading, "Topic I Want To Learn".
First In The World
Not only is our instructor one of the first iOS developers in the world, but our service is also the first of its kind in the world!
iOSBFree is a truly unique one-of-a-kind service. There is not a single other service offering Matt's level of experience in any other coding course, software engineering tutorial or career-building service anywhere in the entire world.
More From iOSBFree
· Download Our FREE CV Template
· Download Our Career BOOSTER Pack
· Enrol In FREE Online Courses (iOS & Swift)
· Read Our Blog
The iOSBFree team.
Build a profitable iOS career with iOSBFree!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who want to start a career in iOS - we help with that!
WORLDS FIRST IOS DEVELOPER
Our instructor Matt..
- Is one of the worlds first iOS developers
- Has 14 years experience specialising in iOS
- Created the worlds first iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch apps
- Was invited to Apple Headquarters to work on a secret project
- Is the developer behind the 10 billionth downloaded app
- Earned 6 figures as a consultant
- Has generated millions in revenue for his clients
- Led many teams
- Helped direct new companies with their mobile development
I provide free step-by-step mini courses (1 hour) to learn SwiftUI whilst also teaching architecture.
I record these courses to provide a little direction with how we structure our SwiftUI projects. There are many amazing SwiftUI tutorials and sample code available on YouTube, Udemy and the Apple developer portal, but they mostly miss some key points in basic architecture. My aim is to help teach students on Udemy some best practices, how to analyse projects, how to analyse architecture
- Learn SwiftUI
- Layered Architecture
- Code Review techniques
- How to examine code
- Memory management
How To Write High Quality Code
My aim is to help teach students on Udemy some best practices, how to analyse projects, how to analyse architecture and how to write maintainable apps - your career will benefit from it!
- Layered Architecture - (Networking, Data and Presentation Layers)
- KISS - always write simple solutions
- Single Responsibility - types should only do one thing
- Readability - code should be understandable by juniors, mid and senior developers
- Maintenance - ensure code is not constantly re-written or edited
- Never connect systems that shouldn’t be connected
- Cover every error scenario - don’t think of errors as an edge case
- Edge cases are equally as important as success cases
- Never create an instance of FatalError()
What Is High Quality Code?
Code that is readable by everyone = all levels of developers
Solutions that are simple in nature = less moving parts = less potential problems
SwiftUI Is The Future
Prepare for the future and learn SwiftUI. Apps are buggy, crash too often and developers are having to constantly re-write code. Apple are focussing on more stability for the future. SwiftUI together with the Swift language are great tools to write simple and safe solutions. SwiftUI also uses the Reactive Programming paradigm to create solutions.
It’s time to learn SwiftUI.
Great Projects = Understanding Architecture
You wouldn’t trust a brick layer to build a sky scraper and perhaps you shouldn’t trust someone who only writes code to build an app. We need more. We need to understand architecture. We are engineers constructing our solutions using thought and structure - we call this architecture.
- Layered Architecture
- Never connect systems that shouldn’t be connected
- Single Responsibility
Let’s build a community of great iOS developers!
We will keep uploading FREE mini courses. Courses that are short and easy to finish.
Please keep leaving reviews outlining what concepts you want to learn and we'll keep publishing free courses built just for you.