Sweet Yeast Dough: A Vegan Guide to Simple Pastries
What you'll learn
- You will learn how to make yeast raised pastries from scratch.
- You will discover how to create an enriched dough with non-dairy ingredients.
- You will learn 7 different pastry forming techniques.
- You will gain access to recipes and guides that you can download and keep.
- You will discover different fillings, frostings, and toppings perfect for delicious pastries.
- You will learn about yeast and gluten development.
- You will learn professional pastry making and decorating methods.
- No baking skills required, but some rudimental skills will help.
- All of the recipes in the course included gram and ounce measurements, so a scale is a necessity.
- Minimum equipment necessary: rolling pin, a whisk, a baking sheet, and a ruler. All other suggested equipment listed in the course.
This course is perfect for you if you have ever been intimated by yeast raised pastries!
In this course, you will learn the building blocks of yeast and gluten so that you can be better prepared to understand the dough. You'll also learn how to make a basic enriched dough that is perfect for any project. Not only that, but the course also includes alternative dough so that you can discover how to flavor the dough itself.
Pastries don't have to be difficult. They are made up of multiple components that can be done in steps over longer periods of time.
You do not need to spend an entire day making these pastries. You will learn the different fillings, toppings, and glazes as well as when to make them. The course includes a handy planning guide so that you can break all of the projects into chunks that take smaller bits of time. Perfect for fitting it into your busy schedule and enjoying the effort of making fresh pastries at home.
This is perfect for busy:
My goal is to make it so that anybody, no matter your skill level or time constraints, can make the projects in this course.
There are 6 projects that you could learn:
Blueberry filled buns with a shiny syrup glaze.
Scratch made cinnamon rolls with a vegan cream cheese glaze.
Knots filled with raspberry throughout and topped with toasted almonds.
Glazed orange buns with candied orange slices.
Triple chocolate glazed giant cinnamon rolls.
Coconut and pineapple danish with a coconut cream filling.
These large projects are chunked down into separate lessons that you can learn at your own pace.
You will get to see how fruit and custard fillings are made so that they can be baked into the dough. You will also see some forming techniques that are used by professionals to get those bakeshop beautiful pastries. Finally, you will learn how to finish the pastries so they look extra refined.
ALSO INCLUDED WITH THE COURSE:
Downloadable study guides that you can keep forever.
Lifetime access to the course.
Personalized assistance through direct messaging and community boards.
Udemy certificate of completion-perfect for helping you to get a new job that requires advanced skills!
30-day 100% money back guarantee.
Are you ready to enroll?
I hope to see you in the course!
All the best,
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who would like to learn how to make vegan, yeast raised pastries from scratch.
- Individuals who have struggle in the past with these types of pastries.
- Bakers looking to expand their skillset into vegan baking.
- Future bakery business owners interested in simple recipes that can be used to make multiple products.
- Culinary students seeking to gain more broad baking skills.
Food is the thing that connects us all. From the people who painstakingly grow our food to the hard workers that prepare the food to the billions of people that consume it. Whether we realize it or not, aside from all of our differences, it's what makes us all the same in some way. We need it for survival, use it for an income, and love it for all of it's nourishment and joy, Making food for other people has always been, and will always be, a great passion and source of fulfillment for me. I love what it represents in its entirety and I also love the simple fact that I can make someone smile just by handing them a slice of cake.
I’m a professional kitchen veteran turned enthusiastic teacher. After 15 years of hard work in restaurants and bakeries, I pursued my passion for education.
With no knowledge about cameras or video editing, I embarked on a 3 year journey to build an online business that has served over 30,000 students worldwide.
Along with my career change came major lifestyle changes and an increased awareness for global impact. What started out as a few online courses in baking and pastry has now grown into more earth friendly baking tutorials that are accessible to an even greater number of students.
My goal is to offer an accessible pastry education that is framed around the ethics of equality and sustainability.