Find Your Career Sweet Spot & Redesign Your Career
What you'll learn
- By the end of the course you will be able to apply the learnings from the seven step method to your own circumstances and create a realistic career plan.
- By undertaking this course you will comprehend the implications of how your sense of self, identity and psychology can influence your approach to midlife and mid career change.
- You will be able to analyse your own results from undertaking the activities and describe your desires, abilities, temperament and assets in relation to your career preferences.
- You will be able to analyse your approach to risk and uncertainty as it applies to your career change and undertake strategies to reduce these.
- You will be able to identify the resources, assets, people and methods that you have access to, or could bring into your life, to enable you to progress in your career transition now.
- You will be able to initiate a side project and comprehend how to progress and test it.
- And finally you will be able to apply the learning’s from this course towards a realistic approach to your next steps, by identifying the key career objectives, a timeline and tasks required.
- Participants should have a mimumim of 5 years work experience and a curious open mind. Everything else is provided.
What do people with successful careers have in common?
They have found a way to follow their passions, match this with their abilities, create an environment that supports them and make a decent living.
This course is for midlife and mid career professionals who need practical advice on how to make a career transition to find their career sweet spot.
The course will assist to find the core elements of a fulfilling career, work out what are they’re looking for and what are the pay-offs and choices to make to achieve this.
The methodology created especially for this course is easy to follow and is translated into a seven-step process to:
- Assist to understand the significance of the psychology of transition,
- Engage through activity based learning with activities to get clarity on desires, abilities, temperament and assets,
- Identify risks, challenges and fears and how to overcome these,
- Identify enablers to support a career transition,
- Demonstrate how to create strategies with simple planning approaches,
- Get started with side project activities,
- Reinforce the importance of staying on track.
Each section includes an introductory video, effective activities, balanced with research-based theory and combined with a creative approach, to assist to have breakthrough moments to begin the transition and maintain the impetus for change.
It shares the thinking of experienced authors in a variety of related fields including careers, psychology, financial management and personal growth, that provide both a foundation and validity to many of the feelings you may be experiencing.
It includes case studies from midlife or mid career professionals.
Over 40 self directed and reflective activities enable the participant to align core values, passion, driving beliefs, abilities and skills with how to create supportive work environments as well as work out what is driving them and help them to translate the theory into action.
Who this course is for:
- Midlife and Mid Career Professionals
As an educator and creative entrepreneur, Maria Simonelli recognises the enormous reach we have as the creative brain has no limits. She builds creative capacity and problem solving skills across non-profits, business, governments and community, that result in real and positive change.
With an intriguing range of creative tools, she draws on years of experience and qualifications in education, science, research and visual arts. She combines these in a unique approach to develop creative skillsets and core competencies, by identifying and creating the conditions that enhance creativity.
Maria is the founder of The Creative Catalyst and author of two books, The Creative Advantage: How the intersection of science and creativity is revealing life’s ultimate advantage, due for release in early 2021 and Sweet Spot Careers: A practical and creative guide to a successful midlife career transition.