Swahili For Everyday Life
What you'll learn
- A student will acquire a lot of vocabularies which are useful for everyday Swahili conversations.
- A student will learn on how to initiate a conversation when in contact with a Swahili speaker.
- A student will learn on how to read time in Swahili.
- A student will learn about various norms of the Swahili people such as their common food, and how people of different age have different forms of greetings.
- A student will learn how to express oneself in Swahili
- A student will learn on how naming family members in English differs from Swahili.
- A student will confidently able to tell about weather in Swahili.
- Anyone who is interested to learn Swahili is warmly welcome to take this course.
Swahili for Everyday Life course explores topics that cover everyday life conversations, to enable a student to become conversant in Swahili. It includes the use of Swahili from home to work, and other circles of daily life. A student is expected to acquire a lot of Swahili vocabulary that will enable him or her to become fluent in Swahili. But also, this course will immerse a student into Swahili culture and enable him/her to know how to interact with the Swahili people. It will have a huge impact on the Swahili competence level of the student.
This course is divided into three sections which are:
i) An introduction section that includes the opening video.
ii) Lecture section that includes ten lectures with full HD videos presented on an interactive board. It also includes ten downloadable lecture notes files for each topic. And lastly, it includes quizzes for each topic.
iii) Closing section that includes the closing video note
This course is taught by a qualified teacher who knows how to teach and what students need. He has organized and presented the lectures in a good sequence. If you are a beginner or an intermediate you are advised to put this course at the top of your list. Give it a try and see how much you will learn. We welcome you to take this course, and we wish you all the best.
Who this course is for:
- This course is special for beginners, and students at an intermediate Swahili learning level. Both will benefit from Swahili forms, and vocabularies related to different Swahili expressions which are useful in everyday conversations.
- An advanced level students can take this course if they want to brush their Swahili knowledge.
Our Teacher is a Swahili native speaker and a professional Swahili tutor from Tanzania. He has a master’s degree in Education from Oslo University, but also Linguistics (Swahili and English) was his major at his bachelor degree level. He has a good number of teaching experiences at local and international levels, as he is a former Swahili tutor at Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Language Center- Oslo, Norway.
This is a home for all Swahili learners, at any level you are, whether a beginner, an intermediate, or an advanced Swahili learner. We will teach you what we call “pure and authentic Swahili”.
Among things which make us feel good, is when we see our students improving. This is because our teaching techniques always aim to enable a student to become a better Swahili speaker. Our main goal in creating Swahili courses is to enable students who have a desire to learn Swahili to become Confident Swahili Speakers.