Swahili beginners Course
What you'll learn
- Our Swahili beginners course will allow you to gain confidence in Swahili pronunciation and understand Swahili origins and Swahili structure.
- You will be able to initiate everyday Swahili conversations by the end of our Swahili beginners course.
- You will learn Swahili numbers ones, tens, hundreds and thousands, learn how to count and pay for things in Swahili
- A key learning outcome of this course is that you should be able to introduce yourself, ask questions and give your answers fast and accurately in Swahili
- The fun part of the course is that you will be able to construct your Swahili sentences and Say it in Swahili.
- You will learn to read, write and speak over 100 common Swahili words and phrases.
- No prior knowledge of Swahili language or other languages is required or assumed
- A good attitude towards learning is key
- Our Swahili course is suitable for all age groups
- The course is taught in English, and we will, in the future, diversify it to other teaching languages
Are you new to the Swahili language or need a refresher?
Then this course is tailored to help kick off your Swahili learning all the fundamentals of the Swahili language.
This course aims to provide you with a necessary foundation to build on; whether you plan on speaking Swahili fluently or just getting by, you will be confident in basic pronunciation, reading, writing, grammar, tenses and general conversation.
The Swahili beginners course is delivered with creative and interactive methods that will provide you with a wide range of vocabulary essential to everyday life and is a great foundation to get you started.
Introduction to Swahili language and Swahili culture
Swahili alphabet sounds, pronunciation and language structure
Greetings and simple Swahili phrases.
Swahili numbers and money
Communicating about daily activities
Self Introduction in Swahili
Sentence construction and using Swahili verbs
At the end of this course, students can initiate simple conversations in Kiswahili, feel confident about pronunciation and have the basic foundations of Swahili sentence construction to communicate common everyday vocabulary.
Practice, practice and more practice. Every section inside this course has a practice section at the end, reinforcing everything you will have learnt through quizzes and downloadable sheets. We aim to make learning Swahili fun, step-by-step and exciting.
I will not bore you :)
I take my courses very seriously, but at the same time, I try to make them fun since I know how difficult learning a language online can be. I have tailored this course to be fun, and when you need some energy to keep going, you will get it from me.
Who this course is for:
- This course is targeted to anyone wanting to learn Swahili from scratch
- Those who understand basic Swahili but need more Practical understanding of how to construct sentences
- People travelling to East Africa or with connections to Swahili speakers
- People wanting to learn an African language (Swahili is one of the most common and easiest Bantu languages)
Sam has taught Swahili for 20 years in Kenya, UK & USA. He founded London Swahili and SayitinSwahili, both language services in London and USA. Samson has taught Swahili to hundreds of Students, from beginners to fluency levels. His approach is to give students a holistic approach towards Swahili encouraging students to strive towards excellence in both oral and written Swahili.