The Ultimate Swagger Tools Course: Build OpenAPI with Ease
What you'll learn
- Learn Swagger Tools that includes Swagger Editor, Swagger UI, Swagger Codegen, Swagger Inspector, and SwaggerHub for simpler API management.
- Design API using Swagger Editor and Swagger UI to create an OpenAPI Specification from scratch.
- Use Swagger Codegen to generate server code stub as well as client SDK code to give you a ready-made code to start coding right away.
- Understand Swagger Inspector to test APIs with ease without leaving the Swagger ecosystem.
- Collaborate using SwaggerHub with team members to manage the API with ease.
- Publish APIs in the SwaggerHub community including steps to unpublish API, fork API, and delete API.
- Analyze the usage of Swagger Tools to build an OpenAPI Specification through various stages with step-by-step instructions.
- Understand the best practices for Swagger Tools usage.
- Quizzes and assignments to validate your learning.
- Lots of demos showing how to use Swagger Tools with clear instructions.
- Basic knowledge of designing RESTful APIs is expected. If interested, check out my Designing API course under my profile.
- Basic knowledge of creating OpenAPI Specification is expected. If interested, check out my OpenAPI Specification course under my profile.
- To complete the interactive elements of the course including coding challenges and exercises, you’ll need a laptop/desktop with an internet connection.
"This is a Good description for starting an API project. A summary of various tools is a good way to start this journey." -Ram Gadiraju.
"Good one, To know about SwaggerHub in a very short time instead of doing the research yourself over the internet." - Pavan Kumar Nagineni
"Even though I am a QA tester and was initially interested in only knowing how to test APIs, the lectures so far have made it easy for me actually to understand APIs better." - Judith Elemo.
Course update history:
Sep 2022: NEW! Added assignment for Swagger Codegen.
Jun 2022: NEW! PDF Download - Mindmap of OpenAPI 3.0.3 Structure.
Jan 2022: NEW! Added new downloadable resource - OpenAPI Specification for CMS.yaml.
Jul 2021: NEW! Added practice activities for the SwaggerHub, Swagger Editor, and Swagger UI.
Dec 2020: Initial version
Swagger is one of the most popular tools used in API development. The usage of Swagger has increased among API developers in the recent past. Companies like Microsoft, Alibaba, and National Geographic use Swagger to release OpenAPI-based products faster. You will be learning these Swagger Tool concepts to build API from scratch in this course.
My name is Praveen, and I am your instructor for this course! I had worked for about ten years in Honeywell, wherein I'd transitioned from Software Engineer to Senior Software Engineer, Tech Lead, and so on in C# .NET development. For the last five years, I've worked in the security domain for an access control product based on .NET technology. Moreover, I've published about ten courses on Udemy and taught over 24,000 students on various .NET technologies.
Topics Covered In This Course
Understand Swagger Tools and its types, including SwaggerHub.
Master Swagger Editor and Swagger UI for creating OpenAPI Specification documents.
Use Swagger Codegen for server stub and client SDK code generation.
Publish APIs in the SwaggerHub community.
Collaborate using SwaggerHub with team members.
Build a new OpenAPI Specification through Swagger Tools for a case study through step-by-step instructions.
Know Swagger Inspector to test APIs with ease.
Understand the best practices for SwaggerHub usage.
More Reasons To Take This Course
Swagger Tools are the 1st choice among API developers while working with OpenAPIs.
RESTful APIs are currently the most popular way to communicate across different systems.
Get ahead of the curve and learn to work with the OpenAPI (Swagger) standards.
The skills you learn from this course will be relevant in the future and aid in developing APIs with ease. The software industry is only going to grow bigger!
Microsoft and Alibaba use Swagger to deliver their products faster and remain the top leader in their respective segment. This course provides around 4 hours of content along with practice activities. To help you better, it follows a step-by-step approach to working with an OpenAPI project from scratch.
At The End Of This Course
You will know to use all Swagger tools, namely Swagger Editor, Swagger UI, Swagger Codegen, Swagger Inspector, and SwaggerHub.
You can document, generate server and client code, test the generated codes, and collaborate with team members for any OpenAPI Specification.
Who Is This Course For?
Web Developers who work with APIs by either consuming or exposing APIs. You may be working with internal teams or external 3rd party teams.
Software Engineers who work with OpenAPI Specification.
Technical Leads need to guide their team in embracing API within their product.
Software Architects who design the system around API with the benefits offered by OpenAPI and Swagger Tools.
Basic knowledge of designing RESTful API is expected. This will help you to build an API using Swagger Tools. To learn more, you may check out my Designing API course under my profile.
Basic knowledge of creating OpenAPI specifications is expected. In this course, you will build an OpenAPI Specification and work with it using Swagger Tools.
This course will provide significant knowledge on understanding and using Swagger tools. You will be sure to switch to Swagger after using other API tools. You will be confident to instantly apply Swagger Tools tips covered in the course in your next OpenAPI project.
Enroll now to get started.
What Do You Get When You Enroll In This Course?
Lifetime access to the course and all future updates to the course content
Personalized support and answers to your questions
Udemy certificate of completion
30-Day 100% money-back guarantee
Who this course is for:
- Web Developers who work with APIs by either consuming or exposing APIs. You may be working with internal teams or external 3rd party teams.
- Software Engineers who work with OpenAPI Specification.
- Technical Leads who need to guide their team for embracing API within their product.
- Software Architects who design the system around API with the benefits offered by OpenAPI and Swagger Tools.
Praveen worked for ten years at Honeywell and seven years at Bosch, designing and developing products based on the .NET stack. Praveen holds one patent and presented two papers. He has been a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) and Scrum Master for a Security R&D team for the past 7+ years. Moreover, he has published 30+ Udemy courses and Udemy Labs and taught over 32000+ students on various software development topics.