Svelte with Test Driven Development
What you'll learn
- Build application with Svelte 3
- Build an application with multiple language support
- Build an application with client side routing
- Practice Test Driven Development in a complete project from beginning to the end.
- Learn the test runner, Jest and understand how to structure test modules
- How to mock external dependencies in testing.
- Feel how the test driven development is giving confidence when refactoring your application.
- Store, actions, reactive declarations etc.
The frontend world is having very popular frameworks which are heavily used in most of the applications. Svelte is joining this competition by bringing lots of cool, developer friendly features. After practicing svelte, it will be hard to go back and work with other frameworks. You will be amazed when you see how much you can do with less code.
In this course we will be learning Svelte by creating a web application with it. Also we will apply test driven development (TDD) methodology from beginning to the end.
while building this application, we will learn
client-side routing. we will apply our custom implementation then we will use svelte-routing library
global state management in a component based application
and we will see
how test driven development works.
how it's affecting our code quality, reusability
how it's giving us the confidence about refactoring our implementation
how to avoid implementation details while creating tests
This course is purely built on practice. Each code piece we write, will be for our actual application implementation.
In each section we will gradually build our application. We will not jump ahead and add functionality not needed for that moment. We will implement one requirement at a time. Each implementation will bring the next requirement to us.
And following this practice, will help you to get a solid foundation about overall web application requirements and how to implement one of them with Svelte by following test driven development methodology.
After completing the course, you will be able to use Svelte in your next project and you will experience the benefits of test driven development.
Who this course is for:
- Developers who want to learn Svelte
- Developers who want to see Test Driven Development in action
I have experience on
• Java / Java EE specifications JAX-RS (Jersey), JPA (Hibernate)
• Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Security, Data)
• Spring Cloud components & microservices frameworks, messaging bus (RabbitMQ)
I've been teaching Spring Boot, React and Test Driven Development to newly graduate engineers and interns either in class environment or one on one.