Generate and visualize data in Python and MATLAB
- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- 9 articles
- 8 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand different categories of data
- Generate various datasets and modify them with parameters
- Visualize data using a multitude of techniques
- Generate data from distributions, trigonometric functions, and images
- Understand forward models and how to use them to generate data
- Improve MATLAB and Python programming skills
Many physical and biological data distributions are characterized by Poisson. Learn how to simulate them in Python and MATLAB.
- Interest in data
- High-school math
- Basic programming familiarity (MATLAB or Python)
- Familiarity with power spectra from the Fourier transform
Data science is quickly becoming one of the most important skills in industry, academia, marketing, and science. Most data-science courses teach analysis methods, but there are many methods; which method do you use for which data? The answer to that question comes from understanding data. That is the focus of this course.
What you will learn in this course:
You will learn how to generate data from the most commonly used data categories for statistics, machine learning, classification, and clustering, using models, equations, and parameters. This includes distributions, time series, images, clusters, and more. You will also learn how to visualize data in 1D, 2D, and 3D.
All videos come with MATLAB and Python code for you to learn from and adapt!
This course is for you if you are an aspiring or established:
Computer scientist (MATLAB and/or Python)
Signal processor or image processor
Curious independent learner!
What you get in this course:
>6 hours of video lectures that include explanations, pictures, and diagrams
pdf readers with important notes and explanations
Exercises and their solutions
MATLAB code and Python code
With >4000 lines of MATLAB and Python code, this course is also a great way to improve your programming skills, particularly in the context of data analysis, statistics, and machine learning.
What do you need to know before taking this course?
You need some experience with either Python or MATLAB programming. You don't need to be an expert coder, but if you are comfortable working with variables, for-loops, and basic plotting, then you already know enough to take this course!
- Data scientists who want to learn how to generate data
- Statisticians who want to evaluate and validate methods
- Someone who wants to improve their MATLAB skills
- Someone who wants to improve their Python skills
- Scientists who want a better understanding of data characteristics
- Someone looking for tools to better understand data
- Anyone who wants to learn how to visualize data