Grow Your Own Sustainable Vegetable Garden
What you'll learn
- Understand and map sectors (climate, geography & other forces) acting on your property
- Position and design an effective, productive and sustainable vegetable garden for your property
- Understand basic soil biology and composting techniques
- Know how to build and distribute compost in your garden
- Know how to build and plant a sustainable vegetable garden from scratch
- Understand the basic maintenance requirements of your vegetable garden
- Gain basic insight into Permaculture and holistic design
- No experience needed. You will learn everything you need to know.
- Those with gardening and landscaping experience will learn new concepts from this course.
Growing vegetables is easy, fun, and very rewarding - as long as you know how!
This course is a kick-starter for growing veggies in your own garden, using methods inspired by the revolutionary ecological practice of Permaculture. The lessons can be applied to any site, large or small and are suitable for almost all climates.
What skills will I learn?
Learn how to assess your site, and to position and design your garden for the best results.
Learn about soil and the soil food web in a practical way, how to build soil and how to make and use compost.
Learn how to build vegetable beds, how to plant them up and how to care for your vegetable garden.
You will learn how to grow delicious organic vegetables from scratch!
How is the course presented?
The course is made up of a series of short videos, which lead you through a practical step-by-step process from zero, to planting, to maintaining your vegetable garden.
You will be encouraged to participate by doing these practical steps yourself in your own garden, after each lesson, so that by the end of the course you will have your garden up and running.
Who is hosting the course?
Dan has grown food for 9 years, and has taught more than 200 people the basics of natural food growing in person. Take a look at his instructor bio to learn more.
Is this course for me?
Do you want to harvest fresh organic vegetables from your own garden?
Do you want to reduce your carbon footprint by reducing your food-transport-miles?
Do you want to be guided through a step-by-step process from zero to harvest?
If so, then look no further, this course is definitely for you.
Up-skill yourself, make something of your backyard, eat fresh, eat organic, eat cheap, reduce your carbon footprint, save water, understand soil, build compost and create a thriving food ecosystem!
Sound good? Don't wait, sign up and start your food growing journey today...
We’ll see you there!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to grow vegetables in their backyard, easily and without chemicals.
- Anyone who has struggled to grow food or vegetables before and is keen to try again with guidance.
- Beginner Permaculturists, gardeners or food growers - interested in a simple, sustainable approach to food growing.
Dan started his Permaculture journey on a farm in Bali in 2012, and has been studying and working on Permaculture projects around the world ever since.
He spent three years in South Africa, designing and installing sustainable food gardens for urban home owners.
In 2016 he spent a year travelling South America - visiting, learning from and contributing to various Permaculture and food growing projects throughout Brazil, Uruguay and Chile.
Dan then spent four years managing a Permaculture farm in New Zealand, training volunteers and hosting workshops. He has trained over 200 people in the basics of Permaculture and sustainable food growing.