Sustainable thinking for green buildings
What you'll learn
- Identify opportunities for systems thinking in green building design
- Define life cycle approach
- Incorporate integrative processes in your workflow
- Enumerate strategies to adopt sustainable thinking at work
- This is a beginner level course that distills sustainable thinking concepts for green buildings.
- Being familiar with architecture or the building construction industry will be useful
This course is approved for 0.5 GBCI Continuation Education (CE) credits.
A sound and systematic approach underpins high-performance built environments. At the same time, it also marks a departure from conventional building practices. This course distills concepts like integrative design process, life cycle approach and systems thinking- which are integral to building sustainable environments.
If you want to successfully accomplish sustainable goals at work, this course is for you!
If you are preparing for the LEED GA exam, this course is a must !
You’ll learn about how systems thinking can help identify synergies within building components and beyond. You’ll grasp how following a life cycle approach translates in buildings that perform consistently over time. You’ll also be convinced how integrative teams are key in achieving green building goals. At the end of this course you’ll be able to implement these strategies in your project.
Who this course is for:
- If you are preparing for the LEED Green Associate Exam, this course is a must for you !
- Professionals keen on starting sustainable projects
- Fresh graduates looking to begin a career in sustainability
- Students curious to learn how sustainable goals are achieved in practice
Environmental Design Solutions [EDS] is a sustainability advisory firm focusing on the built environment. Since its inception in 2002, EDS has worked on over 350 green building and energy efficiency projects worldwide. The diverse milieu of its team of experts converges on climate change mitigation policies, energy efficient building design, building code development, energy efficiency policy development, energy simulation and green building certification.
EDS has expertise in providing capacity building and training in various areas of sustainability. The courses are designed by experts from EDS who are experienced in teaching high quality in-person and online courses.