Beginner Course on Sustainable Finance
- This course is suitable to anyone.
Sustainable finance is now a hot topic for investors, banks and businesses around the world. It is becoming increasingly sophisticated and popular with new frameworks, initiatives and financial products.
Even though Sustainable Finance has a lot of potential, it still has a long way to go before it can help us achieve the SDGs. The UN estimates the gap in financing to achieve the SDGs is at 2.5 trillion dollars per year! Sustainable Finance will no doubt help bridge this gap. But, first of all, what does sustainable finance even mean?
A lot of people are not fully aware of what sustainable finance is. It comes down to sustainable finance being a relatively new concept and educational content around it not being readily available. If more people are aware of what sustainable finance is, it allows it to become mainstream and thus more widely accepted as the default way of financing.
We put together a short 5-part explainer style animated course on sustainable finance to explore just that! We will introduce you to the definition and the range of sustainable finance and walk you through its various Environmental Social Governance (ESG) frameworks and concepts.
These are the themes we will explore
1. What does Sustainable Finance Mean?
2. History of Finance
3. What is ESG Investing?
4. Green Finance
5. Social Finance
Who this course is for:
- People interested in finance
- People interested in sustainable investment
- People interested in sustainability
- People interested in development
- People interested in social studies
- People interested in business management
- People interested in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
- People interested in green and social bonds
- People interested in climate science and conservation
- 05:02Introduction to Sustainable Finance
- 5 questionsIntroduction to Sustainable Finance
- 04:47History of Sustainable Finance
- 5 questionsHistory of Sustainable Finance
- 06:00Sustainable Finance - What is ESG Investing?
- 5 questionsSustainable Finance - What is ESG Investing?
- 05:19Introduction to Green Finance
- 5 questionsIntroduction to Green Finance
- 06:53Introduction to Social Finance
- 5 questionsIntroduction to Social Finance
- 02:45Bonus Lecture
Swiss Learning Exchange is an E-Learning organisation based in Switzerland. Focusing on the areas of sustainability and skill development, SLX aims to drive innovation and accelerate learning. Our goal is to help the world get access to high-quality online learning that is engaging and rich. Our learning content reflects the needs of the modern learner, uses advanced storytelling techniques and state of the art video production to convey, engage and inspire.