Sustainability through Landscape Design
What you'll learn
- Identify different elements in landscape design
- Distinguish between sustainable and unsustainable landscape practices
- Use landscape strategies to enhance green building performance
- Incorporate landscape to improve indoor environmental quality
- No prior knowledge of green building design is required
- You don't need prior knowledge of landscape design either
- You should have a basic understanding of building design and processes
This course is approved for 0.5 GBCI Continuation Education (CE) credits. After completing the course you can report your credit towards LEED credential maintenance.
Often landscape design is correlated with sustainability. Landscapes connect humans directly to natural systems, while providing a setting for different kinds of uses. At the same time, it’s important to ensure that the landscape itself preserve the local ecology, hydrology and biodiversity. For that, landscapes must be viewed as more than just an aesthetic add-on.
This course will introduce you to sustainable landscape design and prepare you to distinguish between favourable and unfavourable landscape practices. Further, you’ll learn how these strategies can be leveraged to optimize green building performance.
If you want to explore landscape strategies that can complement green building design, this course is right for you!
At the end of the course, you’ll be able to chalk out a sustainability plan for landscape design in your LEED project.
Who this course is for:
- If you're a building designer and are keen on integrating landscape into your project, this course is for you
- If you're a landscape designer and want to learn how landscapes can contribute to sustainability, this course is for you
- If you want to integrate landscape into green building project, this courses is for you
- If you're a student with a keen interest in sustainability and want to explore how landscape relates to green built environments, this course is for you
Environmental Design Solutions [EDS] is a sustainability advisory firm focusing on the built environment. Since its inception in 2002, EDS has worked on over 350 green building and energy efficiency projects worldwide. The diverse milieu of its team of experts converges on climate change mitigation policies, energy efficient building design, building code development, energy efficiency policy development, energy simulation and green building certification.
EDS has expertise in providing capacity building and training in various areas of sustainability. The courses are designed by experts from EDS who are experienced in teaching high quality in-person and online courses.